Bored at the gym...

Options
13»

Replies

• get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great tips!
    Haha I like the "push yourself harder" advice... if that worked, I wouldn't have this problem lol! My brain just gets bored of thinking "God, I'm dying" :tongue:
    But I'll definitely try doing intervals next time... I only go to the gym twice a week, I swim other days and do Zumba.
    And special thanks to jadedone: I'm going to try that last interval one next time!
    Thanks guys!

1705046.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ipod w good upbeat music is a must! you will go longer usually if you have some good music to help push you through. If you get on the elliptical, if the tv is near by it def helps to engage in a tv show. I dont normally get on the elliptical but sometimes ill get on it when im watching a tv show cause its the only workout i can do while still watching tv. I tend to do a lot of jogging and running on the treadmill so focusing on tv is pretty much not happening! I like to watch a 60min show while im on the elliptical and during all the commercials i will get on the treadmil and jog just to keep my heartrate up. otherwise try some dvds you can do at home yourself if the gym is getting too boring.. Jillian michaels dvds are awsome and def will get you a great workout, no gym required!! I switch it up. go to the gym a few times out of the wk and also workout at home w jillian sometimes too! If i went to the gym everysingle time, id get stuck in a rut way too quick!
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am on the treadnill for a hour or two six days a week . What helped me was my friend said you have to make the treadmill you B..... ! So the next day, I went to the gym with a "what's my name attitude" and downloaded lot of dance music on the ipod. Now I am known as the gilr that dances on the treadmill but that is ok and in a few months I will that hot girl that dances on the treadmill! :wink:

Go girl! I dance on the treadmill too!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I never get bored at the gym. I always either listening to music or an audiobook. Also the gym I go to has a very unique feature in its cardio room. They have four TVs set up..and you can hook into them via ear phones at your own machine..all you have to do is pick which TV you want to watch by number.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like interval training on a cardio machine as a way to mix things up...and it has accelerated my results as well!

DEFINITELY agree. Especially with treadmills that show you what's coming up next on your run. It's never bored me yet because the random intervel setting always changes (duh!) and you can always modify the speed, level, time, etc to mix it up!