Weight Loss Pills?

Options
Hey Guys! I'm just curious.. Have any of you ever taken and Diet/ Weight Loss pill and got results? I kinda wanna try taking a Weight Loss Pill along with dieting and exercise to increase my results and lose weight faster. Opinions? :smile:

Replies

• snmonson
    Options
    Weight loss pills are scams and unhealthy
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!! Just keep it natural. Anything that you take to help you enhance your weight loss is not good because it will on make for a quick fix which will in turn back fire and cause the weight to come back double or triple and you will so regret it. I have been there done that. Just eat right and exercise. Leave the easy way outs alone unless you want to be back on this site in 2-3 years down the road in a worse predicament.
  • jammyone
    Options
    Ephedra which suppresses appetite and therefore you lose weight.

L-carnitine and Caffeine which will help fat metabolism and transportation.

CLA which stops fat cells from getting bigger.

^
    The only things that will really work, all of them require you to eat healthy and exercise but they do work. You may as well take the eph of the list as it's ilegal.
  • AbbyRedwine
    Options
    Yeah... Your probably right. Most things that are too good to be true usually ARE. :indifferent:
  • traceyhay
    Options
    Yes, used to take them years ago when they were a lot more powerful.. Worked for a while but the weight comes back. The only way to to do it is sensible diet and exercise.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    and what happens when you stop taking pills ?

judging by your photo's im not sure you need pills anyway but who am i to judge :/
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    the longer it takes to loose the weight, the longer it stays off :drinker:
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question about alli.... I was VERY curious....but the whole thing with losing weight with 'aides' is you pile it all back on once you stop taking it.... my advice is keep it simple....

1. Make small changes to the way you eat...
    2. Try and drink some water (even if its not the 8 cups a day...I cant do it..3-4 I can manage but its something...)
    3. Add exercise... at least 2--3 times a week...

I PROMISE it will work wonders for you naturally than any diet pill that will pile it back on twice as fast as you lost it!!!

Good luck!
  • AbbyRedwine
    Options
    Papastu: Thanks! butttt.. according to the BMI calculator I'm overweight and my "healthy weight" is between 105-141lbs so I'd like to be 105lbs :happy:

Goohan: Good point! :drinker:

Jammyone: Why is ephedra illegal?!
  • AbbyRedwine
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the advice!! :smile: appreciate it!
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    Papastu: Thanks! butttt.. according to the BMI calculator I'm overweight and my "healthy weight" is between 105-141lbs so I'd like to be 105lbs :happy:

Goohan: Good point! :drinker:

Jammyone: Why is ephedra illegal?!
    the FDA banned ephedra because it was indicated in heart problems mainly due to its abuse.
    Here is a list of health problems (scroll)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080102053737/www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/fr97064a.html
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    The only reason why weight loss pills somewhat work is the caffiene in it... I use mealtdown because I need the energy with my twins... lol

if you do decide to start taking them remember to start with a very low dose..... dont take the full recommended dosage right away.... it will hurt your stomach and make you feel ill =/

good luck!

p.s the only way you will gain all the weight back is if you are not dieting and exercising, there is no "miracle pill"
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way...I'm also overweight according the BMI, but I'm 4'11 According to BMI, I could be 94lbs and be "healthy" doubtful....
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    JUST SAY NO!!!

You will end up gaining it back.

As for the BMI - my goal is 175 and I will still be considered overweight. However if you were to see me in person, no one ever think that, especially my capabilities working out.

These days BMI is not always the absolute measurement of health/obesity:

"If you carry fat mainly around your waist, you are more likely to develop health problems than if you carry fat mainly in your hips and thighs. This is true even if your BMI falls within the normal range. Women with a waist measurement of more than 35 inches or men with a waist measurement of more than 40 inches may have a higher disease risk than people with smaller waist measurements because of where their fat lies.

To measure your waist circumference, place a tape measure around your bare abdomen just above your hip bone. Be sure that the tape is snug (but does not compress your skin) and that it is parallel to the floor. Relax, exhale, and measure your waist."
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been considering them, but I kinda feel that they are helping you cheat and am afraid I'd gain it all back.....that being said my friends have had some success with caffeine based pills that surpress their appetite (I'm so used to caffeine that it doesn't affect me either way).
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Unless they are actual generic pharmaceutical medicines, then they are generally quackery and scam sugar pills. Meds can be prescribed by the GP or bought online from pharmaceutical companies. I buy straight from Janseen Cilag. I am happy to self prescribe- being a medical scientist I know what to read and what not to read when it comes to medication. So I'm happy to do this.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    save your money
  • dcrabill10
    Options
    I have used Oxy ElitePro from GNC in the past. They seem to do the trick for a quick few pounds and some fat burn, but as many people have mentioned, its very easy to gain it back. Especially if you only rely on the pills to do the job.

I may get attacked for saying this, but I do continue to use them in a small amount (with a daily multi-vitamin), but make sure that I'm still following a strict diet with regular work outs. That way, when I stop using them, or get to where I want to be, I'll have that habit instead of only popping a pill every day.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills make me feel better and more energized -- i think from the caffeine. i was taking yellow bullets from ephedraoutlet.com -- i liked them a lot. but my gf got jittery and soemtimes a stomach ache from them.

i think you have to do your own research and find out what is best for you...
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills make me feel better and more energized -- i think from the caffeine. i was taking yellow bullets from ephedraoutlet.com -- i liked them a lot. but my gf got jittery and soemtimes a stomach ache from them.

i think you have to do your own research and find out what is best for you...

Jill, I thought ephedra products were banned in the US and taken off of the market... Do you know if these supplements are true ephedra??