Help! SO hungry and it's too early for lunch!

Options
I was out sick from work the past two days, plus the weekend so my body is on "eating at home" schedule which usually runs earlier than my "eating at work" schedule. Basically I try to hold off on eating lunch while I am at work until 12:30-1:00 because I don't get home until 6 and THEN I have to cook. So if I eat at say, 11:45, I will be starving before I get home and have a greater chance of failing and grabbing an unhealthy snack. Any tips on what to do in these situations? I feel like I will be braindead by 12:30 if I don't eat!

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You should plan on taking healthy snacks with you to work, to eat between breakfast and lunch, and then between lunch & dinner. Then you won't get that crazy hungry feeling.
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    More protein in your breakfast & morning snack should help!
  • kimpenny
    kimpenny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to start the day with a slow release breakfast. Porridge etc and take some healthy snack bars like nutri-grain to snack on when you feel peckish. Also,try drinking water/squash. Sometimes when we feel hunger it's actually thirst we're feeling. So make sure you drink plenty too.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Definitely boost your protein at breakfast and plan on a mid morning snack. If I have all ready done those things and I am hungry, I try to have hot tea. It helps satisfy me for a short time until lunch - and green tea is said to boost metabolism.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I hear you girlfriend! I have a similar challenge: I eat a good protien rich breakfast and pack a healthy lunch for work (teacher) but when I get home around 3-3:30 I'm starving! And then I'm off to my 2nd job (waitress, a land where food smells good and tempting-naughty). I eat whole raw almonds or a protein shake. Have healthy snacks ready, as they say "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!"
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Snack! Spread your calories throughout the day. Why force yourself to bear that horrible hungry feeling?! I'm eating far less calories than I was a few months ago, but it feels like I'm eating more because I'm eating more often. I love it!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Keep healthy snacks at your desk. I have a tin of roasted, unsalted almonds for just such occasions.

Charmagne
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I always plan a snack because I always get hungry. I just eat smaller meals. Skip the possibility of an unhealthy snack an just plan a healthy one.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the snack suggestion. I plan on a mid morning and a mid afternoon snack. if I get to that point and I'm not hungry, I don't have to eat it, but I have the calories to do so, if I am. Whe I get crazy hungry, I can't control what I eat at all.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great feedback! I have been good at bringing stuff to work to eat, but I don't always snack in the morning so I only brought an afternoon snack for today...I didn't want to plow through it before lunch and end up starved again later! I prayed, refocused, sipped water every time I thought I was feeling too hungry. I am eating now! Thanks so much!!!