Carbless meal ideas?

Options
Anybody have any good ideas or recipes with very little or no carbs? Eggs, chicken, and tuna is getting boring....

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I like to make taco salad out of my extr alean ground turkey. I add some seasoning to it along with some can chopped tomatoes and put it on a bed of chopped lettuce with some low fat cheese on top and a spoonful of sour cream.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Southwest chicken salad:
    Romaine
    fajhita chicken strips
    avacado or guacamole
    a dab of sour cream
    spicey ranch dressing
  • Bratkins
    Options
    I make stir fry all the time. You can use whatever kind of meat you like and whatever kind of vegetable you like (unless you are skipping the good kind of carbs as well). You can buy store bought stir fry sauce or I just make my own with chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce and whatever kind of spices you like to eat. if you aren't using oil, just bake the meat first and then steam the veggies in a pan with water alone. Add your meat and sauce and fry a little longer.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Go over to http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ and check out the reciepe section, plenty of good low card stuff there.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I used to make a pizza with a ground beef crust (crush some pork rinds and mix with hamburger and an egg and flatten on a pizza sheet. Then I'd put some tomato sauce with no sugar, some suitable toppings and grate some cheese.

i'd also make "mocktato salad" as a side dish (make like potato salad but use cauliflower instead of potatos. I'd usually have that with a hamburger patty or a couple of sausages. And I'd also make wraps and use lettuce instead of bread and fill with whatever I felt like (usually egg or chicken salad).
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    the horror!

(just kidding folks)
  • spaceylacey
    Options
    awesome ideas guys! thanks! im def hitting the grocery store pronto!