Italian-Style Chicken Breasts

Options
MissChelleBelle
MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley (I use dried)
2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
1/2tsp (2 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 (2 mL) salt
1/4 (1 mL) pepper

Preparation:
With sharp knife held horizontally, cut each chicken breast in half to make 2 filets. Between plastic wrap, flatten to even thickness.

In bowl, whisk together oil, parsley, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes.

Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; brush with remaining marinade. Close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 6 to 8 minutes.

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/quick_and_easy/italian_style_chicken_breasts.php

PS: You don't ingest the amount of oil that's in the recipe as it's a marinade, so if you add this recipe to your recipes, I suggest cutting the fat in half. Nurtritional values are listed on the web site.

Replies

• cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I'm going to save this one and hubby like anything with italian seasoning in it.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's funny. I actually posted the following recipe that I made myself on my Insanity blog:

1 Chicken Breast, cut lengthwise parallel to the counter
    1/2 Cup Prego Heart-Smart Mushroom Sauce.
    1/2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
    2 Tsp. Emeril's Italian Essence Seasoning
    1. Tsp. Dried Minced Garlic
    1 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
    1. Tbsp Olive Oil

Heat the olive oil to just over medium heat in a small - medium frying pan and then place 1 half of the cut chicken breast in the oil. Season with 1 tsp. Italian Essence, 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic, and all of the Red Pepper. Cook about three minutes, turn over, and then season with remaining essence and garlic. Once the Chicken is cooked, put on a plate and garnish with the Prego and Parmesan cheese. It's a pretty quick meal to throw together and quite tasty.
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Was looking for a great chicken recipe for tonight, and this is quite a catch. Thanks. I'd grill it, but as I cook alone and am terrible, I'll be baking instead haha. Thanks again :)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    bump
  • mandalynne85
    Options
    bump
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I cooked this tonight for the first time on my new George Foreman grill. It worked wonderfully! I had only ever cooked it on the barbeque, or baked on a stone pan if my bbq was burried in snow. It cooked so fast! Very moist and tender, much nicer than cooking it any other way.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. What a great way to spice up some chicken breast. I will definitely be trying this one out. Thanks for posting.
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to try this recipe, as I have fresh parsley and lemons from my garden. Aloha, Sue