30 day shred???

Options
I just bought the 30 day shred. There is 3 levels. How long are you supposed to do each level?? Are you supposed to do each of them for 30 days or what?? HELP!!

Just finished my first day on level 1 and it kicked my butt!! lol

And for those who use it, how do you put it in under exercise???? What do you put it under?? Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished the Shred last week. I did 10 days at each level. If you have a heart rate monitor, you can log it as a new exercise and manually enter the calorie burn. If you don't, I've seen most people log it under circuit training.

Good luck!!! It's a great workout!!
    :smile:
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A lot of people plan to do each level for 10 days before working up to the next level. I would advise staying with level 1 til you feel ready to move on from that (at least 10 days), and so on. I also don't do the Shred every day - other people do. I've been doing the shred for more than 30 days because of this! It all depends on your personal commitments, the programme itself isn't strict so don't beat yourself up if you can't manage it one day. Your ability will soon improve though - I thought I was gonna die doing level 1 but I can easily do level 3 now!

After 30 days, and if you have time, you can mix it up doing more than 1 level in a day.

I agree, most people put it in under circuit training but I trust my heart rate monitor more (my calorie burn can differ by about 70 cals per session depending on how hard I've pushed myself!)

Hope this hopes a little!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and log it as one of my exercises. I have been doing it for 2 weeks. Check out my blog I put pictures on there of my progress.
  • dthompson17
    Options
    I was not sure how to log it....I just finished day one as well and it was hard. I put it in as 22 minutes of aerobics???? Not sure.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You move up to the next level when you feel you are ready to. But as the previous people said - a lot of people do 10 days before moving on.
  • Sinda
    Sinda Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey! You're supposed to do each level for 10 days and I put it under circuit training,
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    the levels are there based on what your fitness level is, dont stress. once you find level one to not be challenging you enough is when you should move on to the next level. but pace yourself too it doesnt pay off to overwork with jillian only to make you too sore to do it again tomorrow.

i suggest your get a heart rate monitor, that is the only way to figure out accurately how to log your exercise, and they have an option to add your own exercise just do that when you log your workout with her. She is awesome though, love how she says exactly the right thing when you are thinking about stopping for a breather.