plain water or water with fresh squeezed lemon?

Options
I can drink either. I'm wondering if there's any benefit to drinking water with a piece of lemon squeezed in or is that just a health fad?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the fresh squeezed lemon in the water acts as a natural diuretic.
  • MissTee25
    Options
    I read that drinkin lemon water or lemon juice once a day can help shrink your stomach!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    no idea but i drink it with lemon so it gives it a slight flavor without adding other htings.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just do it for the flavor! Although I use the True Lemon/Lime/Orange instead of fresh lemon slices.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Water with lemon especially with meals the lemon will help cut any lingering flavors left in your mouth which could trigger binging or over eating. It helps for me.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I add lemon juice or lime to my water. I also ad msm which absorbs better in the presence of Vitamin C and the juice takes away the taste of it.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I only add things like lemon, lime, red wine vinegar when I'm at work to mask the chlorine taste. At home on well water, straight up through a PUR filter. There's benefit to all three of those but it has nothing to do with spot burning fat off any part of your body. Fat comes off systemically. Your fattiest parts reduce significantly last. The less fattiest parts rip up first.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My naturopath has also recommended it as I posted on your profile. :wink:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I wasn't worried about shrinking fat or anything. I just wanted to know what the benefits were with the lemons versus without.
    And Canonoch, I think you're right about the lemon cutting the "flavor" haha.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Another thing I like to have, that has similar benefits is Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix it in warm water with a Tbsp of honey, and it tastes very close to apple cider. Sometimes I even drink it with 4 drops of liquid Stevia. :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I drink water with lemon everyday. It helps when you are getting tired of just plain water. It's good for your liver and kidneys too.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think the obvious reason why to do it would be vitamins... But I do it only occasionally so I dont get bored of the normal water.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I only add lemon juice for the flavor. We have softened water and it tastes weird, so the lemon makes it better. Also, it seems to help keep my mouth tasting a little cleaner between meals, which helps curb random snacking and grazing, at least for me.