Starting P90X Monday, February 7th

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I am just doing my own routine for this, I am doing more of just the cardio stuff not the weight training (its more for men for sure) i'll keep posting on its going without that stuff

I'm confused as to why you bought P90X if you weren't going to do the weight lifting...
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is done! today was legs and back and ab ripper x....for some reason my results for ab ripper x are not as good as the previous ones, but i can already tell my body is changing!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete-- I felt stronger in the ab ripper today-- was able to complete a few more exercises, and a few more reps.

Getting there slowly and surely, by Jove!

Have a great day!!!!!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Day 5 complete-- I felt stronger in the ab ripper today-- was able to complete a few more exercises, and a few more reps.

Getting there slowly and surely, by Jove!

Have a great day!!!!!

I did more reps as well! I was happy that i did all the leg climbs! THanks! Great job! Today was day 6, kenpo x soooo much fun!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    KenpoX-- day 6 kicked me *kitten*. Holy Hannah--

Great workout--

Onto day 7-- woo-hoooooooo-- smiley_singing.gif Ain't no stoppin' us nowwwww, we're on the move!!!

Keep it going, ladies!!!!!!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm presently bin my 3rd round . I love it. It changed my life . Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questons.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hi I'm presently bin my 3rd round . I love it. It changed my life . Good luck and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questons.

Thanks so much-- you look really great-- congrats on your success, and your dedication. You totally turned your life around-- what a great feeling!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Did x stretch today!!!!! Glad I did it!!!!!!! Feeling great! Tomorrow is day 1 of week 2 !!!!!!! So happy!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Did x stretch today!!!!! Glad I did it!!!!!!! Feeling great! Tomorrow is day 1 of week 2 !!!!!!! So happy!!!!!

I had my "rest days' on Saturday and Sunday-- weekends are killers for me these days to find time to exercise. So, I'm going to go right into week 2 tomorrow -- I guess I'll consider it day 1, week 2, also. I'm going to be a bit slower completing the program considering it'll be 4-5 days a week, not 6-- but, it'll have to do.
  • LittleD311
    Options

I had my "rest days' on Saturday and Sunday-- weekends are killers for me these days to find time to exercise. So, I'm going to go right into week 2 tomorrow -- I guess I'll consider it day 1, week 2, also. I'm going to be a bit slower completing the program considering it'll be 4-5 days a week, not 6-- but, it'll have to do.

Good luck! I was originally going to start on a Monday in order to have a rest day on the weekend, but the mail screwed it up for me! I'm currently unemployed, so, I have all the time in the world......
  • Marla64
    Options

Good luck! I was originally going to start on a Monday in order to have a rest day on the weekend, but the mail screwed it up for me! I'm currently unemployed, so, I have all the time in the world......

Good luck on the job front-- my husband was out of work for 2 years. He just started working again in October as a temp, and was offered a permanent position on 1/24-- yeeee-haaaaaaaaaaa!

I read your profile-- which half marathon does your mom want to run with you? Do it!! I was training for one in Allentown, PA this past September, but I never was able to do it-- the training was too hard on my kids, having me gone all the time. Maybe some day-- it's definitely on my bucket list.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Congrats to your husband!

It's the Philadelphia rock n roll marathon in sept! My mom is an avid runner- just did the NYC marathon a few months ago and placed first in her age group! :)
  • Marla64
    Options

It's the Philadelphia rock n roll marathon in sept! My mom is an avid runner- just did the NYC marathon a few months ago and placed first in her age group! :)

Wow-- that's great. I don't think I'd ever set any speed records, believe me-- but the mental benefits of running are soooooo wonderful.
  • LittleD311
    Options

Wow-- that's great. I don't think I'd ever set any speed records, believe me-- but the mental benefits of running are soooooo wonderful.

Ya, she is a beast! Ive always wanted to run one before I'm 30- so this is my chance! :)
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Just did kenpo x it was really fun!!!
  • LittleD311
    Options

I loved it! Knee kicks were awesome!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

It was a good workout! Holy Hannah-- I was used to most of the moves from TaeBo and Turbo Jam, but still-- wow. Glad you liked it.

I just finished day 8-- Core synergistics again-- dare I believe that I was stronger this week than last???? I do believe so!

I actually was able to do "Stacked foot/staggered hands pushups" in plank form without my back screaming at me. How incredible! In one week the strength and flexibility from this program has helped strengthen my poor arthritic back enough that I can handle plank pushups??? Holy Hannah!!!!! How flippin' cool is that?

I still don't get down too low-- don't get me wrong. I'm not even remotely "THERE" yet, but man, I gotta tell you, I was enthused by some of my results today. Great, great workout--
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!

I did chest and back today, and I improved tremendously this time around thN the first! Don't get me wrong, I am still bending my knees for push ups, but doing more reps! Tomorrow is plyo!!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    just finished day 1 week 2 core! SUCKED! I don't like this one either but I did most of it!!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    just finished day 1 week 2 core! SUCKED! I don't like this one either but I did most of it!!

Your following lean, correct?