Feeling a bit :(

Options
Hello everyone,

I've been using MFP for about a month now, I exercise 5 times a week (from anything between 20 mins to an hour) I'm on a healthy diet but I've only lost 4lbs! :'(

I really don't know where I'm going wrong, yeah I've had the odd day where I've been bad but I've always tried to work it off the following day.

Exercise wise, I use a stationary bike, I do a dance workout DVD and also pole dance.

Help! :(

Replies

• lolw811
    lolw811 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    4lbs is still really good, when i first started mfp my first month was the slowest, just stick at it and you will see results soon :)
  • xerinx2011
    Options
    Thats still 1lb a week hun and thats a good outcome! Its better to lose the weight slowly and steadily than all in one go just for you to put it back on again.

Try staying positive and maybe try some different workouts incase your body is getting used to the ones you are currently doing. I like to try and do 3/4 different things every week and introduce something new every week!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking lots of water? Making sure you eat the majority of your daily calories? Trying to avoid foods high in sodium/preparing your own meals? Those are a few things I've learned make a huge difference in your overall weight loss. :) Chin up, it'll happen, just keep working at it!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    A lb a week is good and about right. if you dont have much to lose it will be slower. Dont be disheartened, with all the exercise you are doing, I am sure your clothes will feel looser, even if it doesnt show on the scales :flowerforyou:
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of variable to address to try to identify a problem:

Are you drinking the appropriate amount of water?
    Is your lifestyle settings correct?
    What are you eating? is it a balanced nutritional diet?)
    Are you eating back your exercise calories (this is MFP's suggestions and followed by many users)
    What is your calorie goal set at? Is it too low and causing your body to store food instead of burn it?

When asking for help like this...It is most helpful to make your diary public and many users will review and give you feedback on what you can do different. To change your diary settings...Go to Home - Settings - Diary Settings and make public.

Good Luck!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Cheer up! 4 pounds is good. remember, a healthy weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds per week. As long as the number is going down and/or you can feel it in your clothes, thats what matters. Changing up your workout routine can help as well.

Good Luck to ya!
  • SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty steady weight loss and as long as you carry on at that rate you'll be fine. Stick with it and look back in a few months time - the figures will look more impressive then.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hey sugar... x

i agree with the water thing!! i used to hate water but it really helps with the weight loss. get your self a 1 litre bottle, they sell volvic ones in litres with the sports top. then you can work through it during the day..... 1 litres by lunch and another by bedtime. it does help x

4lb is good work tho!! i know i couldnt do it the traditional way!! x