FIRST MILESTONE! 25 LBS GONE

Options
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! :drinker: :bigsmile:

weighed in @ 290 this morning!! 25 lbs gone!!!

Its unfortunate that i never took a "starting" photo. I did take a couple pics this morning...Just din't have time to upload them before the gym today.

some things i've noticed

My posture is better
I no longer get winded walking up stairs
I have LOTS of energy through out the day
my sex drive is through the roof
I LOVE THE BURN
Im ENJOYING all the healthy food im eating
I LOVE THIS SITE.

WOOHOO! GO ME! *toots own horn* :laugh:

Replies

• Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! :drinker: :bigsmile:

weighed in @ 290 this morning!! 25 lbs gone!!!

Its unfortunate that i never took a "starting" photo. I did take a couple pics this morning...Just din't have time to upload them before the gym today.

some things i've noticed

My posture is better
    I no longer get winded walking up stairs
    I have LOTS of energy through out the day
    my sex drive is through the roof
    I LOVE THE BURN
    Im ENJOYING all the healthy food im eating
    I LOVE THIS SITE.

WOOHOO! GO ME! *toots own horn* :laugh:
    gotta love the increased sex drive thing...huh??? LOL Great Job!!!
  • itsgemmafool
    Options
    congratulations :D
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! I am 1 lb away from losing 25. Started back in September. It does make a huge difference when you feel better about yourself!!

Congrats!!
  • fushion243
    Options
    I use to be 300lbs too. I lost the weight without MFP 3 years ago. I lost 100 lbs. But, I was back to 230 and started MFP to learn what mistakes I was making eating too much after working out. I never stopped working out, I just couldn't figure out how much more I could eat from my workout. I'm down 17 lbs, and need to knock out the rest. You are doing great. From a fellow 300 lber, you will be thrilled when each new milestone. Congrats!

Besides all the benefits, there are negatives:

- I am colder in the winter, without my layers of fat.
    - My kids don't have a dad that says, "Whose up for pizza tonight?" (unless I have a huge day of cardio, like biking for several hours)
    - I had to sell all my clothes on eBay and start over.

Those negatives aren't that bad are they! Keep on keeping on!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was thrilled when i got on the scale this morning!!!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    woot! Woot! That's so exciting!!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    way to go man!
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I hit my 25 pounds lost today too!!! Woot!!!
  • techcommdood
    techcommdood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    fusion: I'm in the same place. I started many years ago when one day I looked at the scale and it groaned "304" at me. I lost 65 lbs, quit what I was doing for reasons other than weight loss success (WeightWatchers) and over the years the pounds slowly slid back on. When I'd suddenly woken up out of my food-induced stupor and saw I was back to 285, I resolved to do something about it.

I've lost 23 lbs since Jan 1. I could have done better, but I'll take it! My main issue is exercise. Due to my home and work schedules I can't fit it in during daylight, so I have to carve room for it in the evenings (where excuses can run wild). But I'm not giving up. Even just tracking things daily helps.

Phil: Congratulations! You're definitely an inspiration! Keep up the great work, and watch out... before you know it, those pants might just slide right down to your ankles if you're not careful!
  • Erica9903
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I love being part of this site...it's so positive and I get encouraged every time I read the success stories. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • ElGatoGrande
    Options
    Rock on, Phil!
  • 311Phil
    Options
    Thanks everyone...im bouncing in my seat right now.... IHAVE SO MUCH ENERGY FROM THE GYM THIS MORNING I CANT SIT STILL!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE THE FREAKIN MAN!!! WAY TO GO BRO.
  • safetypins
    Options
    Dude, awesome! Those first 20-25 feel fantastic, don't they?!

Relish in it!
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    Awesome job! (I didn't take a starting photo either. I am thinking I should start doing that.)

BTW...I love your list of the things you've noticed :happy:
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss man, I started a support section for the men where we pool advice etc workout hints and genereally support eachother if your interested.
  • Quicksilvas
    Quicksilvas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job...keep it up!
  • 311Phil
    Options
    thank you for your kind words everyone :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep it up!! I am less than 3 lbs away from 25 lbs; I hope to be there in the next 2 weeks. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!