tortillas?!?!?!

2»

Replies

• I use Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness low carb high fiber tortillas. They have 71 cals; 2 fat; 5 carbs; 12 fiber and 8 protein. They are actually pretty tasty. I call them my saving grace because I bake them and make my own chips along with using them for endless wraps and such. The only thing is they are hard to find, the only place I can find them around locally is Kroger (not sure if you have Kroger where you live).
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    These are what i use

TUMARO'S 95% FAT FREE MULTI GRAIN LOW IN CARBS TORTILLAS

60 Calories
    85mg Sodium
    11g Carbs
    7g Fiber

they are AMAZING!!!!!
    I don't think you can find a better low cal tasty tortilla
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Mission - Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla Burrito Size, they are huge with tons of fiber:bigsmile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I actually use the corn tortillias. I pop them in my oven to make them hard & eat with a healthy topping like a tostada. A lot less Calories & Sodium than the flour/wheat tortillias!!!

They sooo are. And more authentic too. I know a lot of people don't like them though, they do taste different compared to what Americans are used to. I used to put a piece of fat free cheese in them and make a yummy quesadilla.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    I use Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness low carb high fiber tortillas. They have 71 cals; 2 fat; 5 carbs; 12 fiber and 8 protein. They are actually pretty tasty. I call them my saving grace because I bake them and make my own chips along with using them for endless wraps and such. The only thing is they are hard to find, the only place I can find them around locally is Kroger (not sure if you have Kroger where you live).

Same here! I am a bit of a tortilla snob and these are really not bad. My Publix carries them.
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    I like the Joseph's oat bran, whole wheat flour and flax wraps. They are normally in the deli section of the supermarket. They are only 70 calories and the sodium is 380 but it has 7 grams of protein. Also the whole wheat 8 inch ones are good, their sodium is 130 mg.
  • yes u can get a chicken tortilla chicken isss good for u
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    I'm on the La Tortilla Factory bandwagon, too--they are tasty, pretty "clean" (for a packaged tortilla), and lots of choices... Low Carb, Low Fat, Flavored Wraps, etc. I would love to see myself give-up tortillas some day, but for now, these work for me :happy:

I've found them at Randalls (it's a Safeway chain) and HEB... sorry, those are TX specific I think!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I was just in wal-mart looking for the same thing. I would love a whole wheat torilla that isn't 200 calories each!!!

la banderita low carb low fat soft taco size i got them at wal mart they have 81 calories each 2 g of fat l g sat fat 11 g carbs
  • Thanks guys for all the suggestions!! I am going to see if I can find some of these in my local stores. I know tortillas are often region specific and since I am in Texas there should be a fair variety!!!
    :happy:
  • I'm on the La Tortilla Factory bandwagon, too--they are tasty, pretty "clean" (for a packaged tortilla), and lots of choices... Low Carb, Low Fat, Flavored Wraps, etc. I would love to see myself give-up tortillas some day, but for now, these work for me :happy:

I've found them at Randalls (it's a Safeway chain) and HEB... sorry, those are TX specific I think!

Texas specific is great! I am in the Houston area so I know these chains well!!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    La Banderita has small whole wheat tortillas. They are about 150 calories for 2.
This discussion has been closed.