safest lunch at Wendy's?

Options
Going to lunch with a friend. Any thoughts? I never get the burgers, but the salads can be just as calorie and fat loaded as anything else?

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken sandwich with baked potato or mandarin oranges.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili and a side salad is my standard Wendy's lunch. So yummy!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    do you have a droid or iphone i have an app called restraunt nutrition that list a ton of restraunts and thier menus along with calories and everything i love it
  • tdbyrd1
    tdbyrd1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://wendys.com/food/NutritionLanding.jsp

All the facts on this website. Good luck and enjoy:smile:
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wendy's small chili and a side salad is my standard Wendy's lunch. So yummy!

THATS THE BEST!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    do you have a droid or iphone i have an app called restraunt nutrition that list a ton of restraunts and thier menus along with calories and everything i love it

OMG i need to look for this app, I have the ipod touch but it never leaves my side.. this would be soooo helpful.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yep yep!!! chili with a side salad!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to my lunch instead of dreading it :heart:
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    They do now have a board with 500 cal optiona dn under up now. The Ultimate Grill Chicken sandwich with out the sauce is good!!
  • amy0776
    Options
    My doc advised me to do a small chili from Wendy's. Protein to carb ratio is better than anything else. I wouldn't do any of the sandwiches b/c of the bread / mayo.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I go there at least once a week and get the spicy chicken cesar salad but substitute a grilled filet for the spicy one and take off most of the cheese (and bring my own dressing but I know that's not an option for a lot of people).
  • chasandmaria
    chasandmaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    just had dinner last night there before heading to the store after work:
    got something quick and filling:

their go wrap ( grilled chicken )
    and a side salad lowfat ranch
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I like the Baja salad I think it's called. They put Chilli on it. It's so good and you don't need to use any dressing either. It may come with sour cream, but if it does, get it without!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    chili! skip the crackers tho
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I go there at least once a week and get the spicy chicken cesar salad but substitute a grilled filet for the spicy one and take off most of the cheese (and bring my own dressing but I know that's not an option for a lot of people).

did u try their pomegranite dressing???????? its low fat and delish! i usually ask for a couple of extra to take home! lol
  • creativekat
    creativekat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My doc advised me to do a small chili from Wendy's. Protein to carb ratio is better than anything else. I wouldn't do any of the sandwiches b/c of the bread / mayo.

I just ask for mustard instead of mayo and bread is fine for me in moderation.

Still, overall, I don't go to Wendys unless desparate, especially since I heard the chili is made from all the greasy left over hamburger crumbs (someone who worked there told me that - dont know if it is true, but it grossed me out).
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    chili, chili!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Taco Salad - omitting the sour cream for sure! Crispy strips if you're really close on meeting goals for the day. It's practically lettuce, tomato, onion, a little cheese and chili over the top.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

did u try their pomegranite dressing???????? its low fat and delish! i usually ask for a couple of extra to take home! lol

I'm not a big fan of pomegranite. I just bring a balsamic vinegar/sugar free maple syrup mixed together type of dressing thing. It saves a lot on calories and sodium!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes, wherever I go out to eat I usually have grilled chicken, seafood, or a large salad depending. You can also go on the calorie king site online, if you don't have one of the calorie books and look up any of the fast food restaurants. Then you will know what is a good choice to eat. I carry that guide with me. I got it at Barnes and Nobles for 8.99. Have fun.