Looking for FP Friends

Options
I recently found this site and I am really excited about it. I realized about a year ago that I cannot do this weight loss thing alone. I do well for about three months, then I get complacent or sick ( I have Crohn's Disease) and slowly gain the weght back. All of my friends are thin or close enough to it and have never experienced what it's like to be in a body 80 pounds heavier than it should be. I could really use some support and looking for friends to help me stay motivated. I have a wonderful husband (who couldn't gain weight if you paid him) that supports me and two great kids. My kids are overweight too.

I want a healthier lifestyle for my family and it begins with me.

Replies

• SoonToBeNewTracey
    Options
    Definitely feel free to add me. MFP has been great so far for me! The people are very supportive, it's nice to see that you're not the only one going through the issues - because doesn't it really feel that way sometimes??

Good luck to you! WE can do this!!!

Tracey
  • Margy68
    Options
    Welcome, I joined this site in January 2011. The ease in which I can track my food intake gives me the discipline I need to make healthy food and portion choices. I know you will find this site as supportive and motivational as I have. Please add me as a friend and we will support each other throught our weightloss journey
  • ANewton401
    ANewton401 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find everyone on this site to be very helpful. Ive just started my journey and it certainly helps to have friends to motivate you along the way! :)
  • anastaciaf
    Options
    Welcome to FP! I'm a newbie as well, just joined a few weeks ago. Feel free to add me to your friends list. The support shared is a great way to stay on track!
  • almeria1
    almeria1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I joined a few weeks ago, but started my journey back in december. I have lost about 12 pounds and for the last two weeks I've realized I have not lost a pound!!! In fact I gained 2 pounds. What shoudl I do? I really dont have time, nor energy to exersize, so I commited myself to this program, but have been a little upset durign the last week because I havent seen any progress. :(

Any suggestions?

Almeria
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    hi you did the right thing by joining this site tons of supportive ppl on here....feel free to add me as a friend and we can work together to lose this weight....good luck...:flowerforyou:
  • goofyjilly
    Options
    Add me! I can totally understand about the roller coaster of weight gain. I hope to lose the weight and keep the healthier lifestyle to maintain the weight loss!!!