Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I looove cottage cheese too! I usually mix mine in with my dream fields pasta!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i mix mine with pineapple or strawberries sometimes
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have trouble drinking/eating dairy because of allergies but I can tolerate Cottage Cheese very well for some reason. My favorite way to eat it... usually my breakfast...

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 fruit (usually peaches or pineapple, drained)
    1/2 High Fiber Cereal (I use Kashi Go Lean, Wheaties, or Special K Red Berries)

Just layer in a dish and enjoy...

Other meals I enjoy it over tomatoes, or make a "candle stick salad" place a large leaf of lettuce on plate, place a pineapple ring on lettuce, half a banana and insert into pineapple ring, place cottage cheese around base of banana. This was one of my favorites at my Grandma's house when I was a little girl....
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I have always loved cottage cheese. I dont tend to buy plain but when i do I add any from this list, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, chives, black pepper, finely diced cucumber, a teaspoon of tomato puree with a handful of prawns. In fact pretty much anything I fancy...always savoury tho. Never tried it with sweet things and don't think I ever will.
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest addictions since starting to eat healthier is cottage cheese with cucumber and peppers (any color) mixed in. I have that most days for my morning snack MMMMM

I eat a lot of cottage cheese and I love ^ that. It's so good!
  • iceprincessjh
    Options
    Cottage cheese is great with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries...basically any kind of berry.
  • Liz1013
    Options
    I love cottage cheese for breakfast especially! I like to put in chives and a little salt.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pineapple is yummy, nice post training snack! :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like to top a baked potato with low fat cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes, maybe some green onions if I have them on hand. It is really yummy and filling! I even eat it for breakfast =D

I normally just eat my cottage cheese w/S&P
    But I think I just may have to expand my horizons.....
    Try it w/baked potato & maybe salsa......sounds yummy :tongue:
  • s_hamm_08
    s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, I eat it daily. Here a few ideas
    I mix it with fruit
    I add a bit of sugar free jam
    cinnamon
    I got a recipe out of the biggest loser cookbook
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    2 1/2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup spagghetti sauce
    Put it in the microwave until the cheese is mealted and heated. Its really good, I eat it for lunch/
  • hope_khm
    Options
    The BEST is home made sugar free raspberry jam!

Instant Fruit Pectin Unsweetened dry mix = 163 calories
    3 bags of Walmart Great Value Frozemn Raspberries = 525
    1.5 cups Splenda Sugar Substitute for cooking = 0

Follow package directions. Here is how easy. Let fruit defrost on counter. Put fruit, pectin and Splenda in a large mixing bowl and stir by hand at least 3 minutes. Put into left over yogurt, cottage cheese containers and freeze. Be sure to keep out one to use!! You will be making your own home made jam's from now on - and sugar free!! Just delicious and the flavor is unbelievable. Obviously you can use strawberries, or any fruit you prefer. Enjoy!!

Makes about a zillion servings (very low calorie) I put it in Greek yogurt with fresh fruit to make it taste better. On bagel with spray butter, PB and J!

P.S. The pectin is available in most grocery stores - Ball is the brand it's by the canning supplies. My Walmart carries it also.
  • TanMac
    TanMac Posts: 77
    Options
    I eat 2% cottage cheese. I have 1/2 a cup after every work out!!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese lots of ways! But I started to buy the 2%... not many more calories but tastes sooo much better. I can eat it plain!
  • lissie_ann
    lissie_ann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I add creamy peanut butter to mine (TBSP) and then Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. YUM!
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I recently started eating it as well. I actually enjoy the taste. My sister likes to mix hers with fresh or frozen fruit.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese for the protein.....I mix it with pineapple or a little jam....also if you dont like the taste I cook it with eggs and veggies for a sort of quiche dish :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I like it lots of ways. WIth applesauce or fruit, as an addition to salad, scoopit up with raw veggies....maybe the weirdest (and my favorite way) is to use baked Doritos (90 cals for .75 ounce) and scoop up the cottage cheese as a dip. Might sound weird, but it is yummy. My 14 year old daughter started me doing this.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a savoury cottage cheese person
    I like it on toast with marmite (a UK yeast extract spread).
    I also like it with a little parmesan grated into it to make it more cheesy - then in a sandwich or with a baked potato
    Also stirred into pasta with a little pesto and some fresh chopped tomatoes (either hot or cold as a salad)

hth!

When I was younger, I used to make the spiral kind of pasta then dump it into a bowl of cottage cheese.....hmmmm....I may have to pull that out again.....:tongue:
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1 part cottage cheese
    1 part tuna
    1 chopped roma tomato
    1/3 of a cucumber, chopped up

Mix together, squeeze on some lemon juice, then serve mixed with romaine lettuce. My favorite three minute salad!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup of craisins, in a cup of cottage cheese is my breakfast every morning. 310 calories and a punch of protein MMMMM

When I run out of craisins :sad: then I use apricot jam, only 50 cal/tbsp. Or pineapple :)

Savory cottage cheese doesn't appeal to me, I ony like it sweet.