Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1/2 c of low fat cottage cheese with 1 tablespoon of homemade apple butter. (Betty Crocker has a super easy, super tasty recipe for only 20 calories per tablespoon.) It sounds a little weird, but it's delish, and only 100 calories! I eat it pretty much everyday after my run for some extra energy and protein!
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I love mixing cottage cheese and applesauce together. Sounds gross, but it is SO good!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    frozen berries. a little sweetner if you prefer and if it melts a it (the berries) you'll have a nice sweet desert. it reminds me of ice cream of frozen yogurt but just higher in protein haha.
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I use it on my salad instead of dressing. I love it!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese plan never anything in. But I bought fat free cottage cheese and :sick: I will definatly have to try some of these ideas tonight. Thanks.

Edit: I do like eating it with Wheat Thins
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat it plain (and have since I was a kid) .. but there are a couple of other ways to eat it ..

CC and Tuna was a GREAT suggestion
    CC and Tomatoes was another GREAT suggestion (you can use Salsa but watch the stats)
    CC and Cinnamon is good (add a little Splenda or other sweetner and it makes a type of desert)

A new one for you:

CC and some Sugar Free COCO mix (or COCO powder w/ Splenda) will make a chocolaty treat.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i love to mix my cottage cheese with peaches or pineapples.

Both are yummy. When I add pineapple to mine I also add horseradish and black pepper. It sound weird but It is so good.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I have sucked it up recently and started eating cottage cheese. I have never liked it, and still don't all that much but I can tolerate it if i doctor it up.

Approximately 700 years ago, my grandmother taught me to sprinkle a little bit of jello mix on it to make it tasty... I am not a fan of jello for so many reasons but sometimes Grandma is right... and this is one instance where she is. I don't use a whole package of the sugar free, in fact a whole package usually lasts me most of the work week. I sprinkle the flavor of the moment on it and mix in some fruit that goes well with the flavor. today it was raspberry and pineapple.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I mix mine with scrambled eggs sometimes. Its good with fruit too. Also my boyfriend bought it once on accident he thought he was buying sour cream and he ended up making dip with it. He said it was good.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I am gonna make your day...

Buy 1% WHIPPED Friendship cottage cheese, mix 1/2 cup with one tablespoon of freshly ground almond butter........heaven on Earth!!! Under 200 calories with approx. 20 grams of protein! Sweet!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i love to mix my cottage cheese with peaches or pineapples.

Agree! ;)
  • Snelllee
    Snelllee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love mine either with peaches like everyone else has said; or with a bit of Johnny's seasoning salt or taco seasoning on it. Its really yummy, I eat it almost every day!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I couldn't stand to look at cottage cheese and now after having Hood Low Fat pineapple cottage cheese, I find myself craving it
  • bad6402
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese, I put it in my oatmeal with cocoa powder and stevia(cottage cheese melts, making oatmeal creamy)
    I top cottage cheese with pumpkin puree and cinnamon
    I'll make an omelet and layer cottage cheese in the middle before i fold it over
    I also blend cottage cheese and peanutbutter or protein powder and freeze for a little while to get protein icecream.

Many options. It's good with fruit and nuts as well
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I can't stand cottage cheese, and I don't force myself to try to eat things that I really don't like. I just don't see the point.
  • christawill
    christawill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like it- but with peaches or pineapple. A co-worker of mine eats hers with sugar free lime jello...........never tried it; but its an idea! :o)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I like to eat mine with some Huy Fong Sriracha sauce mixed in.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Forever I thought I hated cottage cheese. But had only tried it back in High School when trying to lose weight so I'd gotten the non-fat... eww yuk!

Even before I'd started here on MFP for some reason I thought to give it another shot. This time I went for the 4% fat. Still a good nutrient to calorie ratio and it's oh so much yummier it's become a mainstay of my diet.

I've found that Friendship has a 2% which is good. But I haven't been able to transition down to 1% or non-fat at least not yet.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    It is plainer than the full fat cottage cheese, but you get used to it after a while. My husband likes to put Lawry's Seasoning Salt on his, but I don't like all that extra sodium
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese.

I like to eat it with fruit, like pineapples.
    Also I found a really great lunch.
    1/2 - 1 cup cottage cheese depending on how many calories you have
    Some chopped veggies including
    -bell pepper
    - tomatoes
    - cucumber
    - black olives
    looks awesome!
    2 tsp Italian seasoning

I call it Italian Cottage cheese salad. YUMMY!