Fit By Summer - February

Options

Replies

• prettypoodle22
    Options
    Hi my name is Tracey! My goal for the summer is to be down 30lbs. I have lost 45 since October so I know it is doable.

Hmmm...craziest thing? Well I was almost klicked out of Universal Studios in Orlando and that's all I will say :blushing:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to Friday weight in...stocked up on some protein powder today and made good choices. Overall I am proud of myself today.
  • AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My name is Angie and I'd like to lose 10 pounds by summer!
    Hmm, something outlandish?? I really can't think of anything, I don't really do much!
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    just completed week 2 of p90x. going to do biggest loser ultimate workout on the kinect today since it's a rest/stretch day.
  • webechillin
    Options
    Hi, my name is Emma and I just started this journey, I hope to lose 10lbs by summer. Everyone here sounds up beat, I love that.
    I work at a job where you sit all day and I really don't get to move much. I was always skinny growing up and now, I just don't get it....Food taste better than I ever thought it would. (What's up with that?) ha...My craziest thing was this...Went to a Ted Nugent concert a 100 years ago (seems like) and got back stage and drink a bottle of southern comfort with him and trust me, if you know me, you know that is just crazy. I don't drink!!! Who knew right??? ha
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    I woke up today and the first thing I thought about was "chocolate cake" OMG I hate it when TOM visits!!!
  • MernaDea
    Options
    I am with you girl! That is my goal too and this is my first week here. Add me as a friend everyone and we will support each other. My goal is by June 30!

:flowerforyou:
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I woke up today and the first thing I thought about was "chocolate cake" OMG I hate it when TOM visits!!!

Girl I am right there with you!!! I struggle so bad on days like this!!! Anything chocolate WILL be devoured!!! haha

Anyways, my goal for the summer is to be down by 20 pounds....I would like to be down more, but lately i have not had the motivation and my losing has not been huge! So I need all the motivation possible
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options

Girl I am right there with you!!! I struggle so bad on days like this!!! Anything chocolate WILL be devoured!!! haha

Anyways, my goal for the summer is to be down by 20 pounds....I would like to be down more, but lately i have not had the motivation and my losing has not been huge! So I need all the motivation possible

Me too, I wanted to lose 30 pounds but to be honest with you I have not hit the gym in almost 2 weeks. I am so close to getting to the 10 pound mark...but I am struggling with motivation as well, especially since I had exams all this week. I think I am going to try to at least do some exercise that is fun...like hit up my wii and play dance dance revolution for at least 30 minutes with my polar watch on and see how much I can burn.

June is still a while away, we can still make our goals just concentrate on making good food choices and drink drink drink that water like your a fish.
  • blue929
    Options
    My name is Daniella, i would like to loose 15 lbs. by summer time
    i found a penny from 1942 (this is the only thing i can think of....lame?)
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ok weigh in day. Last week I lost six...this week I maintained. So still 203...I'm a ok with that because in one week

Hips went from 49.5 to 48
    Waist went from 31.5 to 31
    Neck went from 14 to 13.5

So 2.5 inches lost in one week. WOOT. I'm thinking about adjusting my calorie goal upward next week to get my body confused.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds for weigh in. So went up from 254 to 256...I was so close to the 10 pound mark..but you know what..I guess I still am, just gotta push through this rest of this week and next.

tmdugger how do you measure yourself? I haven't done this yet.
  • OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Morning! One pound down this week, which was more than I expected given Valentine's Day.

Yay tmdugger for 2.5 inches in one week! That's awesome!
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    hey everyone! how is everyone doing? my diet has been a little iffy but I'm pushing extra hard during workouts to hopefully combat it. i have officially given up soda. this is huge for me, i used to drink a 12 pack a week at least. went and got my nails done today as a gift to myself! LOL how do you reward yourself?
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options

tmdugger how do you measure yourself? I haven't done this yet.

I have a soft measuring tape that I use for sewing...you can get them at Joanns, Michaels...maybe Walmart.
    Its easiest to do in front of a mirror.
    For hips wrap around the widest part and make sure its level front and back. Make the tape snug but not tight...I measure naked just like I weigh naked...probably TMI but some clothes add inches...

For the waist pick your narrowest spot or roughly an 1 and a half to 2 above your belly button. Take a deep breath and blow out and measure...make sure the tape is snug but not cutting in and is level front and back.

For your neck place your hand on your throat...swallow....where you feel your neck expand when you swallow is where you measure around.

Sometimes it helps to get my husband to help. You can track your measurements just like you track your weight on this site.
  • tj1971
    tj1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So after my 4.5 lb lost during my last weigh in I wasn't expecting much for today's weigh in (don't know how I lost 4.5 in a week but I'll take it). So as I stepped on my scale this morning I told myself not to get discouraged (this was a tough week as we ate out 3 times which is unusual for me). Another 1.5 down, I was so tickled. Mexico in 2 weeks and I really hope I can keep this up. Hubby has offered to go to the gym with me at the resort so hopefully I won't mess up my progress too much while I'm there. This site has been great. Entering my food in and learning portion control has been HUGE for me! Thanks to all of your kind words and encouragement and wishing all of you great success on this journey!
    Tammy
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Way to go Tammy! When I was in Mexico, the diet went OUT THE DOOR!

I am still stuck, but I am trying not to get discouraged because this time of month means I should hopefully see a drop in the next day or two. I've been struggling with image issues and dealing with my new 'twin mom' bod, so I am hoping to see some more drastic results before our vacation in April!
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've done well this week. Got out and did something active almost every day this week. Weigh-in tomorrow....hoping for another 2 pounds, but not sure I burned quite enough calories for that. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Emma and I just started this journey, I hope to lose 10lbs by summer. Everyone here sounds up beat, I love that.
    I work at a job where you sit all day and I really don't get to move much. I was always skinny growing up and now, I just don't get it....Food taste better than I ever thought it would. (What's up with that?) ha...My craziest thing was this...Went to a Ted Nugent concert a 100 years ago (seems like) and got back stage and drink a bottle of southern comfort with him and trust me, if you know me, you know that is just crazy. I don't drink!!! Who knew right??? ha

How funny, I know this is completely irrelevant, but I went to school with Ted Nugent's kids. His daughter was a grade ahead of me and son a grade behind. Your post makes me wonder what they are up to these day.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    My goal for this week is to not eat out at a restaurant at ALL from Monday-Sunday, and doing well so far.