The New Sodium Guideline 1500 mg Anyone Meeting It?

Options
2»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Culturally, the 4 main ethnic groups that are prone to having hypertension, diabetes, and heart-related diseases are African-Americans, Latinos, Asians/Pacific Islanders, and Native-Americans. It's typically from the diet where many of the staple foods are extremely high in sodium content. Obviously, it's not limited to those specific groups, but those are the prevalent ones that stand out.
  • steveohypertension
    Options
    I've hit it or near it last three weeks in a row, my nutritionist gave me this goal back in January ... personally, if a majority of people followed the 1500 mg of sodium guuidelines it would bankrupt all fast food establishments ... or any other place considered "eating out' ... just check out the nutritional guidelines ... the average person has no idea that high blood pressure "can be" a contributing factor to kidney failure
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    I have done pretty good as well for the last week or so, probably longer since the week is pretty similar to most other weeks. I should take the time and average it out to see how things are going as a daily average.