None zip zero

Options
so been back on a diet since Jan. After a year of slackin off and have no support from family or my fiance. My family is off doing there own thing and my fiance dosnt care about exercising or dieting. I'm all alone on this adventure and haven't lost a pound. This sucks and I want to five up. I haven't lost or gained any way.

Replies

• sunflowerlily
    Options
    You can received A LOT of support here!! And I believe in you that you CAN do it!!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I hope you can find the motivation that you need here. Don't give up. The people around you may not want to help support you on this journey, but if a healthier leaner life is what you are wanting you need to stick with it. I don't have support at my house either. My boyfriend eats whatever he wants and doesn't care that he has gained 15-20lbs, but I care about ME. That is who I worry about taking care of. I have found support in my sister. Do you have anyone close that has the same goals? Friend, co-worker, etc?

I truly hope you don't give up. It's not just a diet. It is a lifestyle. Stay strong.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have the same trouble. I have been busting my butt exercising every day, and I've lost only 2 lbs in 55 days. Don't give up. Eventually you will see a difference.

Don't forget to measure yourself. When the scale doesn't go down, the inches are disappearing. It helps to see those types of changes when we don't see the scale changes.

I will add you as a friend. At least you have mfp's to support yo when no one else will.

You are worth it. Don't ever forget that.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    This place is full of support. Hon, you can do it. I've been on my own for 6 months now. I am a single parent to 4 children so they had no choice but to start eating healthier. But the rest of my family? They do things their own way. Although recently one of my sisters decided to join MFP. Yay! You have to take care of you. Because if you don't, who will? Hopefully your family will come around eventually. But if they don't? That's their problem. You cannot live their lives and they can't live yours. Do what is best for you. Try to remember how you felt in the past and what brought you to MFP in the first place.

Remember the woman who decided to make a change. She wanted this. She had the courage to say enough is enough. Now you need to have the strength to keep it up. Don't let her down. Also, remember that eating healthy and exercising is NOT a diet. It is a lifestyle change. Diets are temporary. Taking care of your body the right way is forever. Stay strong and stand your ground. You will be glad you did. :flowerforyou:
  • dark21
    dark21 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks mfps!!!!!! That is great support and no all my siblings and mom live 4 hours away. I live with my grandparents. They kinda do there own thing. My grandma stays away from exercise and my grandpa dose it alone. Half the time I don't even see them. My fiance is a string bean and dosnt like to move away from his stupid xbox.