mum of 3 in need of some friends to help keep me on track!

Options
Hi there,
I am a mum of 3 who desperately wants to shift some weight. I have been large for a few years now and enough is enough. I have got to the stage where I do not like to go out, I would rather stay indoors where nobody can see me. I would very much like a few friends who will help keep me motivated, and I will do the same in return. Thanks.

Replies

• ReikiLady
    Options
    Hi Sindy :) You can add me ... in fact, I just started as well and we could stay connected. I'm a Mom of 2 but they're all grown up now. Still, I need to lose this pregnancy weight LOL

Peace!
  • SindyMcC
    SindyMcC Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Upsy_Daisy
    Upsy_Daisy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Feel free to add me to your friends, this site is really helpful. We can help each other out !

Just remember you are who you are, life is too short to shut yourself away.
    Thanks Rachel.
  • butterbug1
    Options
    Hey Sindy
    Feel free to add me Im new here too
    Together we can do it
  • SindyMcC
    Options
    Thank You :)
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I was just coming on to see if anyone wanted a cheerleader! I'm a mum of 2, and know how hard it is to get and stay motivated for your health when so many other things are fighting for your focus. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a mom of 3 too! I have been here a few weeks now but could use some more motivation too :)
    Feel free to add me
    Nicole
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm Sue. Joined Jan 2010 & mum of 3 boys - 25, 22 & 17.

Still need to lose my baby belly too.... :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • xxDenisexx
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am a mum of 3 who desperately wants to shift some weight. I have been large for a few years now and enough is enough. I have got to the stage where I do not like to go out, I would rather stay indoors where nobody can see me. I would very much like a few friends who will help keep me motivated, and I will do the same in return. Thanks.

Hi,I'm also a mum of 3 oldest being 18 this year and my youngest being 3 half years,Doing diets since i had my first and i also would rather stay in and i even cancel friends invites for meals out,so i know how u are feeling but i have made a start been on here a few weeks now and lost 4 pounds i have a long way to go i need 2 lose about 4 stones,and with this great site i think i can do it,
    please feel free to add me and anyone else that wants to also,
    I believe if we all stick together and help everyone then we CAN do it,
    Take care x
  • curran80
    Options
    Hi

I have sent you a friend request, welcome to MFP :smile:
  • wowamom87
    wowamom87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 3 also, 3 years old and twin girls 20 months. Feel free to add me if you like. I love to help support and love friends!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    added you :) im a mum of 3 too
  • themorse
    Options
    I have two little girls myself and am a stay-at-home mom. Let's help each other stay on track =) I did Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and lost some of the baby weight (and kept every ounce off for over two years! Yay!), but am still a fair way from my goal. It's been hard for me to get motivated again, but this time around I just know that I can do it. I picked up some really great strategies from WW and I'll definitely be keeping those in mind this time as well. For me it's not about how I look or how others see me, but about being healthy and setting a good example of a healthy lifestyle and good self-image for my girls as they grow up.

Congrats on taking those two most important first steps, choosing a program and looking for support - those are the hardest things to do! If I can give one piece of advice, it's this: all you have to think about is following the program for one day. Stay on plan today, and then tomorrow you can worry about staying on plan tomorrow. Get excited about seeing the end result, but don't think about being on a diet next week, or next month, or next year.
  • gianliza
    Options
    hello im kinda new too, and dont have any friends as well. Im a mother of 2. :smile:
  • SindyMcC
    Options
    Thank You. Very good advice.
  • mandykasase
    Options
    Hi sindy, i'm also a mum of 3. 9yrs, 5yrs and 3 yrs. I joined 4 days ago as i need to loose the weight. i have recently gone back to school and i have no friends there. it is very hard to stay motivated but as i find that as long i look ahead and believe that i will get there it helps. Feel free to add me, we all need that support as it is vital to our success.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Sindy. I have 2 young daughters and am trying to get back to my pre-kids shape. I only joined MFP a few weeks ago but it's helping already. I'll send you a friend request.
  • sadieleo
    sadieleo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Sindy and Welcome. I am a mom of a 23 year old and still trying to lose the baby weight also. My goal is 50 lbs. We can do this together. Sadie:bigsmile:
  • melsaladino
    Options
    Hi! Y'all can add me. I'm a mom of 2. I have a 4 yr. old girl and my new addition, my boy, is only 7 weeks old. I definately need to lose my baby belly. I had a c-section (for both kids), and if you've had a section, then you know what I'm talking about. My belly is... well, ridiculously flabby & ugly. Every1 keeps telling me how slim I look. What they don't see is how high I pull my pants up. Anyway, I've been dieting off and on since college - it is an endless battle. I'm dieting right now and only lost 8 lbs. in a month. I wish it was more tho. I'd love some extra encouragement from women who are in the same boat as me. My husband tells me nice things, but sometimes his optimism just kills me. :) I'd like to talk to people who know what I'm going through - the dieting and sticking to a plan but only losing about 1 lb that week, the fact that you can't seem to fit in "me" time let alone exercise time because you're so busy with kids....
    If any of you out there know what I'm talking about, please friend me. I'll be glad to listen & chat & motivate & give advice and opinions on stuff.
    - Melanie
  • KateGreat
    Options
    Anyone else looking for friends is welcome to add me!! We all need a gerat support system on our weight loss journies! :D Welcome to MFP, and best of luck!