no movement on inches or scale help...

Options
I have been doing the 30 day shred this week I have had one day where I couldn't do it. I got on scale today and only lost 0.4lbs ???? And no movement on inches??????????? Should I try something different? I don't want to get discouraged...

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure you're eating enough to make up for the workouts? That helps a ton :)
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I posted a topic, called consult your doctor. Please read... you have no idea how important it is, or what changes they can help you make. Living proof, right here, that doing so could make a huge difference.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect to lose inches after only a week. And I only lose 1/2 a pound a week when I stay within my calories.

Keep at it, it'll come off.
  • MXZDrew
    Options
    The most important thing in that 30 days is the nutrition. Have you been eating well and eating enough? That is something you should look closely at.

Also, I don't know whats in the 30 day shred but keep in mind if you add muscle, that scale will not move and it takes a little time to see the inches as well because of measurements that were likely not precise either pre shred or after.

The best thing to remember is this. If you are eating well and logging your calories with daily exercise you will succeed. It just takes time, stick to your plan and be patient. You have to understand the long term results will come, your body has no choice when you monitor intake/output along with exercise.

I know it can be frustrating but stick with it. You CAN do it and you WILL see results!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am also in the same boat-today is day 9 of the shred for me and my scale has not even budged at all! I work up a good sweat and burn but nothing apparently is coming off-feelin in the same boat as you too :-(
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    after day 6 i noticed nothing but my spouse said my butt is bigger... when i clarified what men mean when they say that with one of my girlfriends, apparently he meant its getting muscular..... its all in the way you see it.....lol

i see no changes yet on day 8 except clothes fit a little (very little) differently. I do the shred every other day and run 5k onthe alternative days.. perhaps thats why my change is slower but i'm sticking with it!
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Stay with it. Almost a half pound a week doesn't sound like much but in one month it is a 2 pound loss.If that doesn't sound like enough think about it being turned around and a 2 pound gain in one month sounds a whole lot worse!
    I was on a role and losing almost 3/4 a pound a week and then added exercising the 3rd week. After reading the posts of being told to eat my calories I lost exercising I have gained my 3 pound lose back plus a pound. I don't think you want to eat every calorie you burn,so be careful and don't make the same mistake I did . Talk about being discouraged and having to start all over after 1 month of being so careful and it working.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Inches takes WAY longer to lose than weight! You didn't GAIN your inches in a week so you don't lose them in a week too! It takes me a month to lose an inch. It probably took that long to gain an inch too!