Dissapointed!

Options
So for the past 6 weeks. I have keeping track and eating healthy I have not lost anything. The inches have not gone down but my legs. I do tons of workout and everything. I do workout videos. 5 days a week. I have a 27in waist with a 31 in pooch. I am just thinking what if I am not supposed to be smaller just start toning? I am not trying to lose anymore weight. I am only 5'2.. Everyone tells me i look to skinny but when I jump up and down my middle jiggles a bit. my sides don't. I am thinking about adding more running into it.

Replies

• jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    So for the past 6 weeks. I have keeping track and eating healthy I have not lost anything. The inches have not gone down but my legs. I do tons of workout and everything. I do workout videos. 5 days a week. I have a 27in waist with a 31 in pooch. I am just thinking what if I am not supposed to be smaller just start toning? I am not trying to lose anymore weight. I am only 5'2.. Everyone tells me i look to skinny but when I jump up and down my middle jiggles a bit. my sides don't. I am thinking about adding more running into it.

Feel free to check out my food journal!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What's your current weight?
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Maybe some strength training would tone you up if you're not already doing that?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've been told that the only way to really lose stubborn belly fat is clean eating...
  • jason_masuoka
    Options
    It concerns me that your concern is that your middle jiggles a bit. I'm curious to know your bmi. Everyones middle should jiggle "a bit". If your at a healthy bmi, and you feel good, I wouldn't be too concerned. It sounds like you're doing all the right things.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    Is it post pregnancy jiggle? What is your BMI?

I agree however... Clean Eating is tried and proven for me.. Look into Paleo!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I didn't see any mention of strength training? A lot of people forget that it is just as important as cardio. It builds lean muscle that helps burn more calories, even while resting, which raises your metabolism.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've found running to be useful in getting rid of cellulite, in the past. Now my knees are shot, and I can't run. Enjoy it, if that's what you decide to do. Good luck with your efforts.
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    Drink a TON of water! I don't like the taste so I add a touch of Crystal Light Lemonade. Once I started doing this, I felt less bloated. It does take a couple days for your body to adjust though.
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    You have a 5 month old and you're worried your middle jiggles a bit? Ikes, be patient with your body . . . it was stretched for 9 months (assuming you had said baby) . . . give it, at least, that amount of time go back to, and feel, normal. You sound like you know what you're doing . . . patience is the key there, my personal opinion. =0)
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    Definitely up the water (or start logging, cuz your journal says 0 like every day) and time :( I know the second one sucks, but child birth is tough on the body. I'm jealous of your progress!!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was looking through your food journal... maybe try eating more fresh or steamed veggies in place of some of the carbs. It looks like your carb in take is a bit high daily. Also, I noticed you do not have any thing but a few Coke Zero's listed... WATER, WATER, WATER... a good calculation to know how much water, drink 1/2 oz of water for every pound you weigh. Example: if you weigh 150 lbs, you should be drinking a minimum of 75 oz of water a day. Drink 2 glasses of water 20 minutes before your meal, and drink an equal amount of water following each Coke Zero you drink.

Also, strength training... work those abs! Crunches, torso twists, leg lifts, toe touches... suck those abs in as you work them....

Good Luck!
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    maybe cut back on the carbs? replace it with fruit or smaller portions of whole grain
    also cardio is great but for firming its super effective when paired with calasetics (sit ups on a yoga ball, placnk for three minutes, ect) zumba is a great combination
    and yoga has always helped me get firm by checking my poster and strenghening the muscle from the inside out
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I drink a gallon of water a day with 1. 12 oz can a day of diet soda. I do strength training and cardio together. I do jillian and the Firm workout videos. I have a little girl she will be 2 in april. I actually was 130 after having her and within ten months I weighed 112. I am at 112 lbs now. Not sure of my bmi. I do a lot of cardio and strength. I have had a pooch since I could remember. I do watch my sodium. During the winter is hard for me to go to the gym bc my husband is a college basketball coach. So i do tons of workout videos and I have been more successful with those then the gym. I do pushups planks you name I do it. I am going to try insanity soon.
  • ladybu6205
    Options
    Drink a TON of water! I don't like the taste so I add a touch of Crystal Light Lemonade. Once I started doing this, I felt less bloated. It does take a couple days for your body to adjust though.

Our Tap water is TERRIBLE where i live and I can't afford to buy bottled water all the time, so I too use Crystal Light Lemonade. I dilute it in half though. One tub is to make a half gallon, but I use one tub per gallon of water... it still taste good.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I was looking through your food journal... maybe try eating more fresh or steamed veggies in place of some of the carbs. It looks like your carb in take is a bit high daily. Also, I noticed you do not have any thing but a few Coke Zero's listed... WATER, WATER, WATER... a good calculation to know how much water, drink 1/2 oz of water for every pound you weigh. Example: if you weigh 150 lbs, you should be drinking a minimum of 75 oz of water a day. Drink 2 glasses of water 20 minutes before your meal, and drink an equal amount of water following each Coke Zero you drink.

Also, strength training... work those abs! Crunches, torso twists, leg lifts, toe touches... suck those abs in as you work them....

Good Luck!

I always forget to post my water.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I also eat 3 to 4 servings a fruit a day. If I do not put my fruit on there I am below my carbs its my fruit that puts me over.
  • ladybu6205
    Options
    Fruits are high in natural sugar which turns into carbs...so go for my veggies...
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Ya i do know that part but I love my fruit!! I do eat veggies just not as much as I should. I eat sugarsnap peas carrots cucumbers all that just doesn't feel me up. I eat the fiber ones esp when I am craving chocolate. This week was one of those weeks.
  • Theotherlori
    Theotherlori Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into diastasis recti? It is when the abdominals are split apart from pregnancy - making it near-impossible to get rid of the pooch. It is most common in shorter, short-waisted women because the baby has nowhere to grow but straight-out front. Sometimes in can be corrected with exercise, especially if you've had only one pregnancy. Otherwise surgery to repair the rupture is an alternative - but only if you're done having children.

Hope this helps.