Sweet Tooth

jilllk84
jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I noticed lately that I have been having a craving for some chocolate or sugary treat. People at work always have chocolate, candy, and ice cream throughout the day and it has been really hard to say no to a taste. Is there anyone who can suggest something that will satisfy the craving without putting me over my calories for the day?

Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Chocolate pudding sandwiches (around 70 something calories). I can e-mail you the recipe.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Jello makes a sugar free chocolate pudding its only 60 calories. It's in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Also, Hershey's makes 100 calorie candy bars.
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Skinny Cow has great ice cream treats that are very low calories and low fat!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Blue Bunny has sugar free ice cream that is very delicious.
    You can also try the 100 calorie chocolate treats.
    Or the popcicles, which are only 15 calories.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Quaker caramel mini-rice cakes (to DIE for and only 8 cals per mini cake)
    Skinny cow or Blue Bell mini ice cream sandwiches (100-120 cals each)
    Ovaltine (gives you the good stuff along with the chocolate taste!)
    Frozen grapes
    Extra dessert gum, various flavors (works in a pinch)
    Yoplait fat-free yogurt (110 cals, try Boston cream pie, OMG!!!)
    1 or 2 Hershey Kisses (26 cals each)
    10 plain M&Ms (35 cals)
    Blue Bell ice cream cup, vanilla (110 cals)

Can you tell I'm a sweet-aholic, too?
  • As of right now if I want chocolate then I eat it but I know that I have to cut calories somewhere else and so I do to stay under my calories for the day, I'm just the type of person that restriction brings out the binge eater in me.....After I get better control of this, I will go back to eating Jell-o sugar free chocolate pudding, Swiss Miss sugar free hot chocolate, Sugar Free chocolate pops and so on but until then I will enjoy the chocolate.....: )
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Quaker caramel mini-rice cakes (to DIE for and only 8 cals per mini cake)
    Skinny cow or Blue Bell mini ice cream sandwiches (100-120 cals each)
    Ovaltine (gives you the good stuff along with the chocolate taste!)
    Frozen grapes
    Extra dessert gum, various flavors (works in a pinch)
    Yoplait fat-free yogurt (110 cals, try Boston cream pie, OMG!!!)
    1 or 2 Hershey Kisses (26 cals each)
    10 plain M&Ms (35 cals)
    Blue Bell ice cream cup, vanilla (110 cals)

Can you tell I'm a sweet-aholic, too?

Excellent ideas, thanks for the tips!!! =)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    I like the deep chocolate Vita Tops warmed up in the microwave! :)
    About 100 cals! Delish.
    I have also tried the cranberry ones :)
  • mountainchica
    mountainchica Posts: 6 Member
    I can't say enough good things about Jell-o's new Mousse cups... IF you like mousse. The Dark Chocolate one is amazing! 60 calories and no sugar. I may never make mousse again, I'll just buy these because they are so good and much less calories and sugar than my homemade mousse.
    Not a big fan of the mint chocolate one though... :(
  • I have a sweet tooth too. I really enjoy Alpen light bars and Braces fruit loaf which is my cake substitute:) Cannot live without cake. I have a collection of nibbles in my drawer at work so I'm not tempted by naughty things on offer. I get my chocolate fix by having low fat hot chocolate which has just 40 calories or jaffa cakes are excellent too. I know that by starting the day off with a bowl of Oats So Simple (syrup flavoured) this definately keeps me going for longer throughout the morning.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes, IF you like mousse. It is definitely a strange texture at first. Dark chocolate is also my fav. Wanted to try the mint chocolate, but maybe not haha.
    I can't say enough good things about Jell-o's new Mousse cups... IF you like mousse. The Dark Chocolate one is amazing! 60 calories and no sugar. I may never make mousse again, I'll just buy these because they are so good and much less calories and sugar than my homemade mousse.
    Not a big fan of the mint chocolate one though... :(
  • Special K has some really good bars. The one I really like is the Chocolatey Pretzel. It satisfies my chocolate craving, gives a hint of salty, and is only 90 calories. There are a couple of different options.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    If you just want the sweet taste but aren't really hungry, try a sugarfree mint. The peppermint seems to curb cravings for me, and satisfies my craving for sweet.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    I've just discovered Emerald Dark Chocolate cocoa roast almonds. Just like a dessert but fewer calories than regular almonds!
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you everyone! I think a trip to grocery store is in my very near future to stock up.
  • Great suggestions! I'm gonna have to try some of these! I need to try skinny cow one of these days!

I love the Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy Bars. I have the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor - yum! The 5g of fiber keeps the hunger at bay. I also grab those 100 cal packs of cookies because I'm a cookie fanatic.
  • I like the deep chocolate Vita Tops warmed up in the microwave! :)
    About 100 cals! Delish.
    I have also tried the cranberry ones :)

I have such a hard time trying to find those! I think I saw them at a store about a year ago, and they were so expensive. I wonder if the price has gone down since then.
This discussion has been closed.