Eating at Gringo's Mexican Food Restruant

Options
Okay so I want to go and eat out tonight at our favorite mexican place Gringo's. Any suggestions on what to select without over doing the calories?:tongue:

Replies

• chantalicious
    Options
    I usually go for the shrimp cocktail at mexican places. Then I'll ask for a plate for the chips and salsa and seriously count out 12 chips and put them on my plate. I don't eat any more than that one serving of chips!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Hmmmm....Mexican restaurants usually overdo the salt.

Possibly a salad with the dressing on the side? No tostada though....

Maybe a lean chicken? I think chicken mole has between 200 - 400 calories.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I order chicken fajitas no tortillas. Stay away from the rice and beans. The chicken and veggies themselves are pretty good. I also get an order of salsa for myself just to put over the top because I do not eat avacado's.
  • steph53282
    steph53282 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You must live in the Houston area! I went there last night (but I did really bad-it was my cheat day). I went to the one by Fuqua.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Hmm. Never been but I love mexican food around here! I will have to check it out.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    At Mexican food I let myself eat maybe 2-3 chips, then order grilled chicken tacos with no tortillas or cheese, with veggies instead of rice, and black beans (I only eat half of the serving). That is really filling and yummy!