I dont have the energy to exercise help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    Sometimes the gym doesn't work for people who don't want to work out in front of people..im the same way! Take a walk around the block..just start out small and work your way up..as you become more active you will push yourself to do more because you realize you feel so much better after working out! Play tennis, Or go swimming during the summer...anything really..cleaning house will even shed some calories for you. Every little extra thing you do will help you become a healthier you. The easiest most effective way is turn some music on at the house and just walk around the house...speed up, and then slow down, speed up and then slow..mixing the heart rate up like that burns more calories..plus walk up the stairs some, if you have any..that really works and the music keeps you going
  • harmonykay
    Options
    If you have a wii system try just dance 2. I LOVE it! It is alot of fun and good music too.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    zumba fun and a high calorie burn does not even feel like you are working out
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Find something you like to do - walking, videos at home, anything. At some point I didn't really like to go to the gym anymore. I've set up my own home gym at my new home. I have an elliptical machine (paid for with the money I would have spent on gym membership for a year), weight bench, weights, yoga mat, stretch band, exercise ball, and tons of videos. I'm doing P90X now, and there's really no excuse to say, "I don't feel like going...all the way to the living room." :bigsmile:
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    Speaking as a physical therapist assistant i can tell you this. Its a vicious cycle, the less you work out the less energy you have, the less energy you have the less you will work out. I would start with something you enjoy doing. I started with belly dancing video lol even the Wii, or the Xbox kinex got my friend started to working out just by playing that silly dancing game. We'd have big get togethers with all of us and have competitions in the dancing, or on the Wii and trust me you'll work up a sweat. Another thing to consider is eat some protein about 40 min or so before you work out, and a little protein or something immediately after. I find that when i do this i have more energy during my work out.
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    nothing against curves, they work, and if it works for you great. technically the problem with curves is its very circuit. Not alot of muscle confusion going on, not alot of time to switch up the routine etc. if you're doing the same exercises every day, for same amount of time, in the same routine, you'll suffer from muscle memory and you'll not progress as fast.
  • modge1994
    Options
    Know exactly how you feel - intentions are good but just not motivated. Am using my income tax refund to join gym and have a personal trainer for a month or two to get me going. I think if I am accountable to someone it will give me more motivation to stay with it. Good luck to you. Modge from North Carolina
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about supplements but I've been using Jack3D. Gives me just enough energy to finish my workout. You might want to check it out.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about supplements but I've been using Jack3D. Gives me just enough energy to finish my workout. You might want to check it out.

My God, I love Jack3d!!! I have turned several of my body building friends onto it. Love, love, love it!!
    But only a little, and only in the morning.
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    nothing against curves, they work, and if it works for you great. technically the problem with curves is its very circuit. Not alot of muscle confusion going on, not alot of time to switch up the routine etc. if you're doing the same exercises every day, for same amount of time, in the same routine, you'll suffer from muscle memory and you'll not progress as fast.

Not totally true...that is why they change the positions of the machines every month...so you are NOT doing the same exact routine each and every time. And, the recovery stations can be used to do many exercises. Jumping jacks, boxing, dance steps, side bends, torso twists, mimic jump roping, marching in place, whatever you decide to do. They also offer Zumba classes too... I have seen MANY Success stories using Curves. I am one of them!

Lisa
  • jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I thought people were full of it when they said the more you work out the more energy you have. They were right! here is my routine. First my husband gets me out of bed (motivation number one) we go together. 2 our neighbor rides with us or vice versa (motivation number 2 and accountability). Three....I go at 5:30 in the morning when I am only sleepy tired- not tired from all the stress of the day. Just started zumba and it truly is fun!
    Good luck and just go. Set a goal and meet it. Good luck.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Keep your gym timetable somewhere like the fridge next to a picture of a celebrity or a model or someone that inspires you. Every time you walk past you see the classes that are on and are hopefully motivated to go.
  • jonjon143
    Options
    Hi! I found a workout buddy at www.WannaBuddy.com. The site has thousands of gyms and running trails in a zip code searchable database and a group of users that share our commitment to healthy living. Check it out: www.WannaBuddy.com