Alternating number of calories

Options
Does anyone alternate their number of calories per day? (i.e. 1200 one day, followed by 1500) I am considering trying alternating between 1000, 1200 and 1500 calories. I am wondering if anyone has any success with this method.

Replies

• idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I alternate between 900 and 1100 and it has been working for me. I did this on my nutritionist's and doctor's recommendation. It is supposed to keep you from plateau's.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    i also do this but i have no set allowance per day (i dont want my body to be able to guess) i just eat and then decide at the end of the day if i want to eat more or less then the amount im able ........if im hungry then i eat.....it seems to be working for me
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing....I remember a few years back reading an article about this in Womans day magazine and I think it was a girl who did it with her WW points and it was a success then. It sure sounds like it should work and keep our metabolism going...I have been with MFP almost 6 weeks and my calories are never the same....some days high and some low....I just try very hard not to have very many high days in a row....
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I alternate but it's not always on purpose. Sometimes I'm just not that hungry and other days I allow myself to splurge. I think it's good so your body doesn't get used to the same amount of calories every day. It's worked for me before so...if it ain't broke... :happy:
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I alternate my calories every few days although not on purpose and I've been losing weight every week. Some days I fancy eating a bit more so I go over my calorie goal by about 200 or 250, but its cool because I know I'm still in a calorie deficit of about 400 for that day.