looking for motivating friends

Options
I'm not actually new here, but I recently deleted my account and created this new one because I was unhappy with my friends. I am 5'5" starting out at about 145lbs, and I'm looking to lose 20lbs. My weight loss goal isn't as ambitious as some other peoples, but i would still be very greatful for anyone willing to offer advice or support.

Replies

• caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have a similar goal too! I am looking to lose 20 pound and currently weigh 145-150 lbs. I'll add you if you want :)
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just started here myself..and want to loose like 40 pounds! I only have 2 friends and need more!
  • Diannar
    Options
    Hi Kayelkay,

My name is Diannar and I am in the same boat as you...actually the exact same boat. I too am 5'5" and started my weight loss on Jan. 10 with the goal of 20 pounds by May 14th...my vacation date. I am also starting out at at 145. I thought once I started paying attention to what I put into my mouth and started working out the weight would come off fairly easily. Unfortunatel, I am finding that is not the case. I am pretty honest about keeping track of what I eat although I admit it is hard when You go out to find the exact meal. I also go to the gym every other day and do 30-45 min of elliptical work which has been a real struggle. AT 46 years old, weighing 125 again my not be a realistic goal but I really didnt expect it to be this hard. I weighed in this morning expecting to see a loss and am exactly the same...very discouraging but I wont give up...Best of luck with your goal and please feel feel to keep in touch.
    Dianna
  • mjs1940
    Options
    hi Kayelkay,I am also looking for a friend to help encourage me on this weight loss thing.I am a Grandma and just want to be healthy.I am very active.I do a lot of dancing.I would like to be fitness pals ,o.k.?Hope to hear from you,mjs1940.
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    although normally in life when i see a really slender beautiful woman say ooh i need to lose 10 lbs i laugh and get all upset. lol 20 lbs? TRY having to lose 100 :)) but with that said i do realize everyone's goals are individual. and sometimes those 20 lbs are harder to lose than 100. I am new to this but i'll be your support buddy :)
  • BeGreat25
    Options
    hello! I will be glad to help you get motivated! I am pretty active on this site.
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Hi there. This is my very first post although I've been on MFP for about a month. I'm in a similar situation as you-- I'd like to lose about 10 lbs, but the bigger part is that I want to drop my body fat down a lot, so 10 lbs feels more like 20 when I consider converting my fat weight over to muscle weight. Anyway, I thought it would be easier to drop some weight after I started counting calories and hitting the gym more often. I dropped 3 lbs almost immediately but haven't moved a bit since then-- frustrating! I'd love to be friends if you'd like. :smile: