Sweating in the wrong places and an inquiry for a sports bra

Options
I've been taking a bunch of classes/ doing the elliptical at my gym for the past 2 weeks. I've been finding that I sweat....A LOT. I don't mind so much on my upper body, arms, chest, under the bust, back, or stomach. What I mind is at the end of my workout I look down and it looks like I peed my pants....but really I was just sweating all over.

What work out pants work best to help rid me of this problem? I already have black work out pants. It's all I ever wear to the gym. Maybe brands or materials that work better than the cotton spandex blend I have right now?

ALSO....to the big busted ladies (34-36DD preferable)........I need a really, really supportive sports bra that won't give me uniboob and won't let the girls gain any up and down momentum. Any ideas? I am currently wearing an underwire bra for the support and then a small sports bra to compress and make them not move around a lot. that's sort of working for me...but I hate wearing decent everyday bras to the gym.

Thanks

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Maybe some of that underarmour gear that wicks away the sweat--but they are pricey, warning.
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    www.titlenine.com was the advertisement along side your discussion!! (For the bra part (: Hopefully they aren't too expensive)
  • SK24373
    SK24373 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there. there are a lot of brands out there that make "moisture wicking" clothing. I wear Nike Dri-Fit brand shorts. They are loose and have built in underwear (but you can still wear your own underneath if you want). I paid more for them than I wanted to, but found that there were worth EVERY PENNY! I have since bought more. They look like gym shorts - lol but they really work for me to absorb moisture and let me work out hard and not feel like I just sat in a pool of water with my shorts on!
    As for the bras, I may leave that up to other women. I always use a sports bra - but nothing fancy. Sounds like you may need to invest in something a little sturdier.

ALl the best!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I live by underarmour. If you are having a problem with sweating, they are definitely the brand to go with.
  • busygirl1
    Options
    I've been taking a bunch of classes/ doing the elliptical at my gym for the past 2 weeks. I've been finding that I sweat....A LOT. I don't mind so much on my upper body, arms, chest, under the bust, back, or stomach. What I mind is at the end of my workout I look down and it looks like I peed my pants....but really I was just sweating all over.

What work out pants work best to help rid me of this problem? I already have black work out pants. It's all I ever wear to the gym. Maybe brands or materials that work better than the cotton spandex blend I have right now?

ALSO....to the big busted ladies (34-36DD preferable)........I need a really, really supportive sports bra that won't give me uniboob and won't let the girls gain any up and down momentum. Any ideas? I am currently wearing an underwire bra for the support and then a small sports bra to compress and make them not move around a lot. that's sort of working for me...but I hate wearing decent everyday bras to the gym.

Thanks

I am a 36DD and use the Freya active underwired sports bra. I can comfortably run in it with little bounce and it gives a nice shape. Are you in the UK? If so I get mine from Figleaves.com and with the PROMO code Spring01 you can get 10% off and free delivery x x x
  • hebeflora
    Options
    forever21.com (or .co.uk depending where you live) have nice affordable sports bras in loads of colours. I'm a 32E and around a size 12 in British sizes and wear the medium size. Also Sweaty Betty ones are amazing. Both work really well but can give a uniboob - i kind of like that though, have to be honest! :) hope you find one that works for you! x
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i wear all nike dry fit clothes. they're expensive but i'm with you, i don't like looking like i am a sweaty mess when i'm done (i get a sweaty butt, always! haha). but this wicks away the sweat and appears dry and feels mostly dry. i LOVE their shirts!! as for sports bras, i wear champion from target. i'm a 34DD and even while running they keep the girls still. i wear the ones with the skinny strap, not the thick. and i wear a size down from what i should.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i agree with the dri weave suggestion, very light clothing that soaks up the sweat. sport tights underneath your shorts will soak up sweat too.
    We have the same bra size so I cant go cheap with walmart type brands or no jumping. The big brands like Nike have "high performance" kind. Expect to pay a bit more.
  • hvjspinner
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but there are under armour and nike outlets near me and they usually do have a variety of sizes in clearance. I'm saving 80% by buying there.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    With others mentioned I love nike dri fit shorts! I don't mind spending the money because they keep me dry, fit and when I run they don't ride up! As for sports bras well I can't really help you there I don't have an issue :)

I also own a long sleeve underamour shirt it was ridiculously expensive but it works well.
  • melissashparago89
    Options
    I use the sports bra from Victoria's Secret and a tank top for an extra tight hold and then I wear a shirt over it... It helps me a lot, especially with running. I wear a 34D.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Nothing cotton! Black dry fit or anything quick wicking work wonders,
    I am a 36d and used to be a 38dd...i swear by nike's dry fit tank sports bras.
    (most supportstyle) They are a.life saver. I can literally workout upside down in them!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I'm a 34E and this is my FAVORITE sports bra EVER. The straps are adjustible for extra comfort or security; I normally cross the straps for working out. I have also spent hours walking around Disney in the summer and was completely comfortable too. http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=502262012&N=1603941+2010514&searchUrl=/endeca/EndecaStartServlet?N=1603941+2010514&R=03300250

I used to wear two sports bras because only one wouldn't do the job to prevent uncomfortable bouncing. With an intense workout, I would always get underboob sweat. I also hated the uniboob look. Good luck in your search!
  • music4rach
    Options
    gap body actually has great sports bras!!!! i bought a size smaller than I needed to make it even better... and when you get them on sale they are pretty cheap! im also a sweaty girl and I wear the black anything but cotton... haha it usally works well...
  • higgldy_piggldy
    Options
    Thanks for all of the useful advice. :) I'm going to check out my local stores to see if they have the dri-fit pants. It's unlikely that they have decent sports bras...but it's worth a look

:-D