Eating Chapstick?

Options
2»

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    1-Chapstick All Natural
    2-Blistex Natural Cooling Comfort (this has menthol in it)
    3-Rocky Mountain Soap Company Green Apple Lip Butter
    CallejaFairey... Thanks for those suggestions!

Jain... I don't like Burt's cause of the tingle. :laugh:

Ceria... Thank you for the oil insight!
  • tslocum2001
    Options
    I always have to have my Chapstick. If I don't I stop at a conveniece store and get some. I don't do lipstick or lip gloss. I had very chapped lips once and have not had a problem since. I think it is just good maintence.
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    I used to work at Sally's a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago. But they sell 100% cocoa butter sticks. You could totally switch to those.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I've been off chapstick since I posted this, and it's bugging the heck out of me!!! I feel so dry. :cry:
    I used to work at Sally's a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago. But they sell 100% cocoa butter sticks. You could totally switch to those.
    Interesting, thanks!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I put vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed. Do you wear lipstick? My lips very rarely dry out. :heart:
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    hahaha this is hilarious!!! My best friend is about 100x worse than you are, and she definitely got me addicted too! She buys 6 packs probably every month. She will wipe off and re-apply 4-5 times an hour! I have about 3 going at any given time, and hidden anywhere that I have ever forgotten it. I actually had to leave class in the middle of the day to go to the store to buy some because I forgot it and could NOT make it through another hour without it. It is definitely self-destructive because now being without it for a few hours makes your lips dry out like CRAZY! No idea how to get over it, but don't really feel the need to? Sorry, no help but felt compelled to relate!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My husband is like this with lip balm, he applies it all day. If he doesnt then his lips look so red and sore, and he's constantly licking them. He takes in a lot of fluids throughout the day so he isnt dehydrated.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I love lip balms.

I was using them so much that my lips felt dry and funky without it. It's because the natural moisture your lips normally produce goes away with prolongued chapstick use. It sucks so stop using it, but it does get better and that weird feeling goes away.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I only put chapstick on ONCE last night before bed, and I haven't used it at all so far this morning. :smile:
    I put vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed. Do you wear lipstick? My lips very rarely dry out. :heart:
    No, Eava. No lipstick. Only Lip Smackers chapstick. :wink: Thanks for your comment.

jkl828... Thanks for relating to the story.

phinners... Thanks for your story as well. I'm glad I rarely lick my lips.

poisongirl6485... Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I will have to trust you.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Do you have enough fat in your diet? Somebody already mentioned water, but fat is the other thing that keeps our skin and lips hydrated and supple, and hair and nails strong and soft.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Do you have enough fat in your diet? Somebody already mentioned water, but fat is the other thing that keeps our skin and lips hydrated and supple, and hair and nails strong and soft.
    Yeah, I think someone else mentioned fat as well. Thank you. I think I get enough, but maybe not. I use olive oil fairly regularly, eat avocados, nuts occasionally, and fish sometimes. Fish oil every day.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to chapstick, but I have no intentions on quiting, people are always saying how pretty my lips are...I think its becuase of the chap stick...plus it doesnt come off on people like lipgloss or lipstick..it doesnt bug people when I kiss them on the cheek..
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I use a ton of chapstick too. And I drink a ton of water. I just like my lips to be soft.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I've only used chapstick ONCE today (and I will use it again before bed). My lips are very dry, but I don't want to be dependent on wax in a tube. :brokenheart:
    I'm also addicted to chapstick, but I have no intentions on quiting, people are always saying how pretty my lips are...I think its becuase of the chap stick...plus it doesnt come off on people like lipgloss or lipstick..it doesnt bug people when I kiss them on the cheek..
    :laugh: Thanks for the comment!

That_Girl... It's a good feeling.