Zumba classes

Options
I have been shopping around for Zumba classes in my area for both my daughter and myself to attend and here is what I have found:
Dance studio offers 1 hour classes at 10 for $80.
Local physical therapy offers 1/2 hour classes for $4 each.
Fitness place offers 1 hour classes for $10 which includes class and free pass to gym equipment before and after class.
Another fitness place offers the 45 min Gold Zumba for $5 per class

And finally I found a local Church that offers 1 hour classes on a donation basis.

So.....I'm a single mom and my ex is behind in child support and I can't afford much so the Church class sounds like the way to go And I would be donating to a Church. In y'alls opinoin, is $5 per class for each of us a fair amount? That would add up to $40 a month for one class a week. Am I being cheap?

Replies

• gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If they wanted a certain amount they would ask for it. Give what you can without feeling bad that it is not enough and know that you are doing the best you can, with what you have, where you are.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think that is completely acceptable especially since you can get Zumba classes elsewhere for around that same amount. It's donation based and you are giving what you are able to give! The fact that you are feeling badly that you can't give more shows that you are not being cheap. You're being generous by choosing to go to your Church in the first place, in my opinion, because you are choosing to go give your money to them instead of somewhere else in the first place.

:flowerforyou:
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think $5 a class is not bad at all. I was going to do that but then got it for the wii. But if i found a church that did it for free and wasn't far away i would go to the church and do donations. But that's just my opinion lol Good luck on whatever you choose still!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I buy a punch pass & ends up being $5/class. NO WAY would I pay $8/class. That instructor must think very high of themselves. Do the church one & give what you can.
  • csc101769
    Options
    Thank y'all for your input, I feel better now :)

We have the Zumba dvds at home but I just think 1 class a week being away from the comfort of our home where we can press the pause button, would do us alot of good. I think we would work much harder and having more room to move has got to make it better also. Trying to do it in my small living room on carpet is just not cutting it.

Good luck to everybody else out there on your journey to make a better you :)
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    When it says donation based you do not need to feel as if you have to give anything at all. I would a little if you can to support the church or whatever but when I was a single mom it was very hard to make ends meet and at that time I wouldn't have felt guilty about not giving at all. There will always be others that give more and it will even out and the church is just glad to be helping you.
  • hatesnj
    Options
    If you have an LA Fitness near you it would only cost $30 per month and you would have access to all their classes and the gym every day of the month!!!
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    No cheap at all, that is what I pay for each 1 hour class @ my local dance studio.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Gold is for elderly, the 1/2 hour probably is way over priced. I'd say the one hour at 10 for 80 or the church one!

I pay 3.50 a class here..