Help i cant get rid of this feeling!

Options
All i want to do is eat, eat, eat and eat some more... ever since i woke up this morning it has been a constant struggle to not eat everything in sight. I get these from time to time and i usually have an extremely hard time not eating. I have done very well this week and i don't want to ruin it my stuffing my face until i can't eat anymore. But i am constantly thinking of the things i can cook or eat that are just sitting around. Things even though they would take time to cook, i want. Its not just the fast pop it in the microwave things i am hankering for. i know that if i eat smaller meals more throughout the day that i will lose wight faster and feel better in general but all i want to do is eat until i'm full. How do i avoid this feeling or get rid of it. I'm only slightly hungry and i ate not too long ago....

Replies

• nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can keep yourself busy doing something else like working out or cleaning.

Another thing is to pay attention to what specifically you are hungry for cause I have heard that we tend to crave what our body needs.
    Something to think about: does this happen after something else (stressful day, very low calorie day...)?
  • ivicki03
    Options
    Get out of the kitchen. Go outside if you can. Go for a walk. Do some work that involves movement. Also drink a full glass of water. Hope this helps.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    :happy: Maybe have some of the things you want in small portions and that will help you get rid of the cravings.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    pop in a stick of gum and step away from the kitchen!!!
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a lot of water when I start getting hungry. It is very filling and you don't have to worry about empty calories. If you want, add the flavor packets, they can make the water more exciting. Not to mention that water helps you lose weight. Good luck.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I agree - call a friend and then walk to meet them. Remove yourself from the situation hun. I know how you feel, I am a total piglet when I get started. What are you craving?
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    Not to be rude or offensive but i get that way right before pms time. I just had that feeling the other day, and this week is my "pms week" then next week is my TOM and bloating :(

I gave in tho this month because i think my body thought it was in starvation mode and wanted it to get out of that, so i went up to nearly 1800 cals (my goal is 1200) for a few days.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    It's okay, we all have those feelings. Try to occupy yourself and get out. I usually drink lots of water and pop in a stick of sugar free gum and it really helps.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I.always read about people saying working out kills their cravings
  • fatgirlslim47
    Options
    I clean my teeth, I dont like eating with the minty taste in my mouth daft I know but it works for me I also do jigsaws cause I get so carried away putting the pieces in I forget about food
  • Cherrycandy
    Options
    I do this: When I look at food, I get PISSED at it sometimes! lol! I look at it and I think, "YOU did this to me! YOURE the reason I look like THIS"!!!! And I look at the chips, candy, burgers, and just basic crap like the enemy. You have to remember how you got in this place. Get mad at it!!!! Everytime you take a bite out of boredom or a bite that isnt good for your body, think like this..." I am cheating on MYSELF". It all just depends on how bad you want to change yourself. You CAN do it!!! Get MAD!!!!!!!! Think...SCREW YOU CHIPS! SCREW YOU BURGERS AND FRIES! lol.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do this: When I look at food, I get PISSED at it sometimes! lol! I look at it and I think, "YOU did this to me! YOURE the reason I look like THIS"!!!! And I look at the chips, candy, burgers, and just basic crap like the enemy. You have to remember how you got in this place. Get mad at it!!!! Everytime you take a bite out of boredom or a bite that isnt good for your body, think like this..." I am cheating on MYSELF". It all just depends on how bad you want to change yourself. You CAN do it!!! Get MAD!!!!!!!! Think...SCREW YOU CHIPS! SCREW YOU BURGERS AND FRIES! lol.

LOL I love this! I will have to try that sometime!

Anyways, you are definitely not alone, I have felt this very same way for the last 3 days. it has been an extremely stressful week and I didnt get time to exercise so I just ate everything I could! Honestly, it made my mood just plummet and I was a grump until today...I finally got a chance to exercise, and I am starting to feel so much better.
  • katt92
    Options
    we all know the feeling . just get out of the house . when i get those cravings i push myself to go to the gym . sometimes just going for a drive in the car or talking on the phone to a friend/family member makes me feel better. hope this helps
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are ovulating or something.

I get like that when I'm ovulating.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Give in with something really healthy. When we buy baby carrots, I tend to break the package down into portions right away. That is one of those foods for me that take a while to eat, curbs the craving and helps lose the hunger.

My other option - keep a pack of gum nearby. 5 calorie pieces of gum are definitely an easy alternative.

Also, the water is a good thought, If I get really in the want to eat mood, I make myself drink 12-16 ounces before I go back to looking for food. If the water didn't help then I go for something like the carrots.

Good luck finding what works for you!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I like Salad and Veggies on days like that. Because I can eat like 10 cups of Salad and feel so stuffed that I have to lay down...and it only be like 110 calories. LOL
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how your feel. Some days are just harder than others and the battle can get ugly LOL
    Example: Spent the day with all the women (60) at a a craft function...where there are women there is chocolate and
    cookies and cupcakes, fudge and do i need to keep going? Not to mention chips and dorito's and good food.
    I wanted all of it - every last crumb.....but I WON this round by visualizing my new wardrobe that is coming and by
    saying to myself sure you can have whatever you want, but make sure its what you "want". And darn I want to win - I do have the
    will power to say no. One more day down, it will get easier to stay on this road - I know what I have to do -
  • mgodby86
    mgodby86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try to decide if you are really hungry - or just working from emotions - you're bored, stressed, tired. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet and are not going too low on your calories. If your weight has changed recently, or you are more active, re-evaluate your caloric needs. If your stomach is really growling - don't deprive yourself. If you're not physically hungry but absolutely MUST snack - try something like fruit or veggies. I also second others on the drinking water, gum, and brushing your teeth. But, allow yourself a treat every now and then. :)