Attention moms ( of litle ones)

Options
2»

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    No, but I've thought about whether changing my lifestyle from sedentary up one to the next level. I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. I only work 20 hours a week, at an office, and before going to the gym, running after my kids, getting people to and from the car, was really my only intense exercise. Unfortunately, it really didn't get me up to the recommended 60 minutes still.

On another note, I am looking for ways to incorporate my kids into exercise routines, like taking them hiking or walking around the playground while they play. Anyone have any great activities they do with their kids for exercise?

kids ride bikes while I run
    we jump rope together
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No, but I've thought about whether changing my lifestyle from sedentary up one to the next level. I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. I only work 20 hours a week, at an office, and before going to the gym, running after my kids, getting people to and from the car, was really my only intense exercise. Unfortunately, it really didn't get me up to the recommended 60 minutes still.

On another note, I am looking for ways to incorporate my kids into exercise routines, like taking them hiking or walking around the playground while they play. Anyone have any great activities they do with their kids for exercise?
    When the weather is nice I take my kids for walks on the boardwalk. My son rides his 'trike' and pushes it to go "running" with me, while my toddler sits in the stroller. Or they love going to the park and i run after them!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to log it but not anymore, not even when I'm sore the next day from carrying my 19lb 5month old daughter all night while I do SOME housework.. she's a handful!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    nope....because it's a regular daily activity. I only log things I go out of my way to do.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt log it as actual exercise, but if its your regular daily activity, then i would maybe change your profile/settings/whatever to having an active lifestyle so you can take it into account with your daily calories
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I spring cleaned my 12 yrs old bedroom - that was a work out and a half. But I have a 12 weeks old baby too and he's nearly 14ibs. I ought to do some weight lifting with him!
  • NewMomma1982
    NewMomma1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only log activities if I go out of my way to burn more cals while doing it. For example, I could put him in the buggy at the grocery store, but instead I strap my 25lb 7 month old baby in the bjorn and wear him while I grocery shop. There's the walking with a 15lb load option in the exercise and it is WORK!!!! Also if I just make dinner, I don't count that as "food prep" exercise. But if I do an extraordinary amount of cooking, like on the days I make baby food for 30+ minutes, I log that as exercise. So that way I don't increase my activity level from sedentary (lowest cals) and then over eat on days when I'm not as active. Good luck! Just do what you think feels right!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Those are some heavy babies!! LOL i would be outta breath!!! My little one is 16 months and she is 23lbs and she wears me out!!!