Looking for some serious calorie burning...

Options
exercise DVDs! :) I love Leslie Sansone, but I do her walking videos WAY too much. (We're talking almost every single day.) Sometimes my hips start hurting like crazy from doing the same motions over and over again. I really, really like Kendell Hogan's DVD where you learn a cardio move, then add more and more to the sequence, so any like his would be great!

But, yeah, I'm trying a 5,000 calorie burn this week, so I'll need the cardio. I'm not really interested (at the moment) in any strength training routines, because if I'm gonna burn 5,000 calories in a week, I can't be too sore, you know? :) I've done some walking/jogging intervals outside and spent time on my extremely old stationary bike; they're not really any fun though. Any suggestions? They don't have to be exercise DVDs per se... Maybe just an in-home cardio routine you've come up with instead.

Replies

• jlewis121186
    Options
    we use insanity over here...itll get you your 5000 easy, probably even more
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred because I have heard so many good things about it. I am going to start it on March1st. It has 3 different training levels.
  • JudoJones
    Options
    might not be what you're looking for since it uses a cardio machine. But for high calorie burn but not running i've had good success with an elliptical machine, the one where you use your arms. On the 'weight loss' program/interval and set to it's highest level=10 i can burn 1077 in 45 minutes. It's also nice since there no impact on the knees.

Hope this helps,
    scott
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am doing Power Strike 6 Kickboxing. According to the database, I am burning 480 calories for the 50 min workout. I got mine at collagevideo.com. They have a lot of videos and previews for each one.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    At your weight, running 38 miles will do the trick.
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do bodyweight circuits that will work for cardio. Just pick something like 10 bodyweight exercises like burpees, pushups, jumping jacks, etc. Do as many as you can of each for one minute each, don't rest between exercises but rest 2-3 minutes at the end of the circuit. Repeat 3 times. This will burn calories while doing it, but will also continue to burn calories throughout the day.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Very simple and very effective : jump rope, jumping jacks... or any kind of jumping! ;)

If you want to follow a DVD, I strongly recommand Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

Good sweating! ;D