Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    wow! :smile:
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think sodium is the reason my weight flunctuates so much from day to day. I went overboard Tuesday and woke up Weds feeling very heavy. I just ate my last frozen meal for the week so this is perfect timing! Thx for sharing!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I have to watch my sodium due to high blood pressure. I aim for 1500, also. But I rarely make it under 1700, and that’s with minimal processed food. I cook almost everything I eat (except bread). The sodium battle is one of my biggest. I don’t make salty food, but I don’t find cooking completely salt free to be appealing. But even cutting salt content by half in most recipes is not enough to get the sodium levels low enough for my plan. It’s a struggle, but I’m working on it.
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    That is freakin' amazing! Definitely going to try that experiment on myself as well! I HATE bloat! It covers up the hard work we've been doing! >.<
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Holy,,,

I never knew salt could be so damn noticable!

No wonder i felt so fat, roasted salted pastachios

giving those up!
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had no idea how much sodium effects you. You're looking great and thanks for posting this!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys :)

I realize my results may not be typical, but most people can spare 1000 mgrams of sodium a day. The heart association recommends 1500 mg a day, so....do what you will.

I am so happy with my results. I bet more than half the people who try it will also see big results. Just drink your water and limit your sodium.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    That's great! This is why I don't like programs like Weight Watchers that encourage frozen dinners. Or Lean Cuisines! It's not just about the calories!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Finished out yesterday at 1217. I hope sticking under 1500 doesn't push me deficient or lacking because my bp pill flushes it out. I may need to change when I need to go in for a new script soon. Just been ashamed to go in weighing more than last year. :(
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting pics! I'll be doing my own "cut the sodium" challenge this week. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    THat is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for posting! It's a good reminder to watch your sodium!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I find very few people have included sodium when entering the details of the foods I eat onto mfp, so most days I can't track it accurately. However, my tummy is giant today so I wonder if sodium is to blame...
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I am shocked. Seriously. I my belly fat has gone down but it is bigger around and my trainer and I are trying to figure out what is causing the bloating. I just changed my sodium level to 1500 and it is already over for the day! I cannt believe how much sodium is in EVERYTHING!! Have recently become more aware this and I am hoping really watching it helps! Thank you so much for posting this!:flowerforyou:
  • deejaifresh
    deejaifresh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wow. i knew that they weren't that great for you, but i tended to think about the usual low calorie count instead... thanks for the wake up call!!! look great btw!
  • ellojenn
    ellojenn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree! I never thought about the effects of sodium but this kind of encourages me to cut it as much as possible!
    OK that's enough for me to put some serious consideration into my sodium too!
  • 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your before and after pics after one week. I too have been trying to reduce the amount of sodium in my diet. Frozen lunches are soooo easy to pack in my lunch bag. Sometimes at night, I'm too exhausted to prepare lunch. I figured, hey, I have a few Lean Cusines in the fridge. Add a salad or some steamable vegetables and I'm good. Right? ... wrong. The sodium on some of the meals range from 480-895mg.

Thanks again for motivating me to prepare my own healthy meals for lunch.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I've noticed similar results in a short amount of time when I swap processed snacks for fresh fruits and veggies.... I wasn't seeing it reflected in #'s on the scale, but a major decrease in bloated-ness. You look great.

Thanks for sharing this food for thought. :)
  • muchlessfat
    Options
    Wow, 6 days! What a difference! It's funny you mention sodium, it's definitely something we should watch.. do you know that the manufacturors of coca-cola put a load of salt and caffeine in and mask it with heaps of sugar to make you thirstier? Giving up soft drinks has helped me alot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!