depressed after first post this am.

Options
I know this is a hard thing to do alone but wow my dream was crushed . But finding out now that after gastric bypass I can't join the army is better than going they meps and then find out. I just needed that to help me . My nerves are shot, but I've got out and walked

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can't join the army after gastric bypass? wow. I'm sorry. Maybe that's not the "plan" for you if you believe in that kind of thing. Keep your head up, something better is out there for you!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for this, but even not joining the army, do it for yourself. Lose the excess weight in you body, to feel better about your live in general. I'm sure there are other alternatives and other dreams you will accomplish. Take care...
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry to hear you can't join the army
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What? What was their reasoning if any?? Im sorry you werent able to join..
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I totally stole that quote, not sure who to credit it to. Hang in there!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Do all branches have that requirement? What about National Guard? Local police?

It sucks, but I can kind of understand that - you need to be able to eat with the work outs you'll have, plus the change in nutrient absorption...there may be a legitimate health reason why.

Anyway, some things aren't always meant to be. *kitten* happens for a reason - we just don't know what that reason is. Don't let that ruin everything for you. There are a lot of things you can still do!

One last silly saying that sometimes helps me: Rejection is God's protection. (I don't believe in God but it still helps in some way...)

Chin up dear! I bet you still have things going for you. :flowerforyou:
  • cynn6604
    Options
    and what was their justifcation?? I don't get it! There are bigger and better things out there for you. Way to go taking a walk!!! Something will turn up for you. School?
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    I believe that things happen for a reason. Maybe this isn't what is intended for you at this point in your life. But Keep pushing yourself to a better you and before you know it an opportunity will show itself. Good luck!!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    thanks all .. its a medical issue that if you have had any major surgery you cant get it. No wonder we are short on military ppl. They have such strict requirements. The only medical they over look is a c-section b/c normally you dont choose for that , its happens.
    Oh well
  • dunztar
    Options
    Wow Jenn sorry to hear that.

BTW amazing eyes!