Wedding Weight Loss!

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Stacey, I'm a graphic designer about to graduate in May. I've been with my childhood sweetheart, Tony, since I was 11 and we are finally tying the knot in October!

In 2009, I was diagnosed with a rare condition called dysautonomia. My previous doctors thought I may have epilepsy, and put me on a medication that I stopped. Unfortunately, when I stopped that medication I gained 25lbs in a month! The numbers have slowly crept up on the scale since then, and I now I have 30lbs to lose! I have lost 5lbs since New Years, but I'm not losing fast enough and I hope I can stay motivated with some support. With my condition, energy and exercise is a huge problem so I can't go at it full speed like most people my age. I hope, though, I can tough it out and look glowing on my wedding day!

Replies

• Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I am sure you will look stunning on your wedding day. Good luck with what you have to achieve! Look forward to seeing the progress and 'glowwing' wedding pics!!!! :)
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have a disease that kills my energy levels, two actually. (ironically, I am also a graphic designer...maybe there's a connection???)

Anywho, I have taken up hula hooping for fitness because even light hooping can take off the calories rather quickly. And you can do other things while hooping, like holding 3 or 5 lb weights (you don't even have to move them unless you want you) and that will help tone your arms and get your muscles moving again.

Try it out. You'd be amazed at what it can do for you. Also, please visit a homeopathic doctor or an herbalist. The power of natural medicines might help you out a lot.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    relax.....stress will slow down weight loss
    you have EIGHT months, at the rate you are going, you will be there, just keep doing what you're doing :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:-D I'm getting marred in about four months, so know how much pressure you're under to get the weight off.

There's actually a really supportive group on here that you should think of joining. We have the thread called Brides on a Mission and we're currently on week 7, but you can join anytime.

Start at this thread, if you're interested. We've been swapping wedding tips too!:-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173574-brides-on-a-mission-week-7

Shannon
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 12 and although they told me there might be weight gain with my meds, I refuse to blame the meds....I KNOW that it was all me...LOL My hubby and I are renewing our vows next year on our 5 yr anniversary. We r going to have the wedding we never had (we eloped) so I too want to look stunning for my wedding...although I have 87lbs to lose by next June :0) I feel that we r in the same boat! U can add me for support if u want...**Hope U Do***
  • monicaP413
    Options
    It is tough enough to lose weight without any other issues, so I can only imagine how tough it would be with your condition. Losing 5 lb. in the time you did is perfectly healthy. I know you want to lose it faster, but keeping a healthy weight loss progression is best. Even if you are a bit more than you want to weigh for your wedding, you are still gorgeous, will be stunning for your wedding and your new hubby loves you regardless. I am happy for you and your fiance and wish you both the best for the road you have ahead of you!
  • artsystacey
    artsystacey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging comments! I love to read about other people's progress so feel free to friend me! I'll be checking out that wedding group as well! Good luck on all of your health and fitness endeavors!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the same boat, except, I'm getting married April 30th.

I'm such a procrastinator so I'm totally wish I had started this sooner, since I'd like to drop about 40 lbs.
    I've been doing Zumba & Jillian, watching my grain intake and staying away from sugary drinks - mostly sticking to water.

Good luck on your journey! <3