I Need Some Healthy Pulled Pork Recipes (slow cooker)!!

Options
I just got myself a slow cooker and am dying to try it out. Pulled pork sandwiches are amazing but I can't find an outrageously delicious recipe that is healthy!! Please help me out guys!!

Replies

• MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pork Roast ~ tenderloin (lean), 2 - 3 lb (1 - 1.5 kg)
    Seasoning Salt, 1 tsp (5 mL)
    Oil - Vegetable, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
    Beef Bouillon, 1 sachet (4.5 g)
    Warm water, 3/4 cup (175 mL)
    White Wine Vinegar, 1/4 cup (60 mL)
    Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
    Granulated Garlic, 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
    Tony Roma's - Carolina Honeys With Hickory Bbq Sauce, 1 cup (250 mL)

Enter into your recipes to get your nutritional values. I have it in as 8 servings for 1.2 kg of meat @ 370 cals, 23 g carbs, 11 g fat (depends on your cut of meat), 20 g sugar, 42 g protein, 119 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium.

Instructions: Rub seasoning salt into roast and brown on all sides in pan with oil. Mix remaining ingredients together for sauce. Place roast into slow cooker, & pour sauce over. Cook on low for 8 hrs.

I specified what kind of BBQ sauce I use because I've used other kinds, and it does not compare. You can use 1 can of condensed beef broth instead of the beef bouillon, if you prefer.

It is a hit in our house!
  • ameliashred
    Options
    hmmm thank you!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I want to try that as well
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Pork Roast ~ tenderloin (lean), 2 - 3 lb (1 - 1.5 kg)
    Seasoning Salt, 1 tsp (5 mL)
    Oil - Vegetable, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
    Beef Bouillon, 1 sachet (4.5 g)
    Warm water, 3/4 cup (175 mL)
    White Wine Vinegar, 1/4 cup (60 mL)
    Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp (30 mL)
    Granulated Garlic, 1/4 tsp (1 mL)
    Tony Roma's - Carolina Honeys With Hickory Bbq Sauce, 1 cup (250 mL)

Enter into your recipes to get your nutritional values. I have it in as 8 servings for 1.2 kg of meat @ 370 cals, 23 g carbs, 11 g fat (depends on your cut of meat), 20 g sugar, 42 g protein, 119 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium.

Instructions: Rub seasoning salt into roast and brown on all sides in pan with oil. Mix remaining ingredients together for sauce. Place roast into slow cooker, & pour sauce over. Cook on low for 8 hrs.

I specified what kind of BBQ sauce I use because I've used other kinds, and it does not compare. You can use 1 can of condensed beef broth instead of the beef bouillon, if you prefer.

It is a hit in our house!

FYI the warm water is to mix the bouillon into. If you substitute it for canned beef broth, omit the water. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well...I wouldn't call this healthy, but its good and not super high in calories. lol And I serve it on Toasted bread instead of buns. (Sara Lee 90 calories for 2 slices)

Ingredients:

2 lb pork tenderloin (120 cal per 4 oz)
    12 oz bottle of Samuel Adams Boston Ale Beer (160 cal - whole bottle)
    16 oz (2 cups) Jack Daniel's - Barbecue Sauce - Original No. 7 (45 cal per 2 tbsp)

Directions:

Poke holes in the tenderloin with a fork. Place the pork in a slow cooker and pour the Beer over it. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until well cooked and pork shreds easily. Drain well. Shred with two forks. Stir in BBQ sauce. Serve on bread

Servings: Makes 8 servings w/ 4 oz of meat.

Calories: 230 Carbs: 25 Fiber: 0 Fat: 3 Sugar: 18 Sodium: 660 w/o Bread

with bread (sara lee)

Calories: 320 Carbs: 44 Fiber: 5 Fat: 4 Sugar: 20 Sodium: 880
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Queendeo
    Options
    Last Sunday I made a really easy pulled pork that we had as Tacos, the kids loved it as well. I was given the idea by a woman I work with.

Pork Tenderloin and one jar of Salsa, I made it in the oven but you can do it in the slow cooker as well. It shreds very easily and tastes wonderful. I used a mild store brand salsa, but you can use your favorite.