shrimp??

Options
can anyone suggest a quick and easy ( but low cal ) recipe for shrimp??

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sautee with a teaspoon of oliveoil, lemon juice,.garlic, salt and pepper. Tastes lik Scampi!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    found this on cookinglight.com last week. lots and lots of great/easy shrimp ideas:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/20-minute-shrimp-recipes-00400000052322/

also, weight watchers has an awesome coconut shrimp recipes that's sweet but pretty low cal and easy. it's like macaroons meet shrimp. you can find that at:
    http://ww-recipes.net/2007/06/weight-watchers-baked-coconut-shrimp-recipe-6-points/
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Season the shrimp with a little salt and pepper, then throw them on a few skewers and grill them. 2-3 minutes per side. Easy, quick and good. Dip them in cocktail sauce or light Italian dressing/
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    grilled shrimp shish kabob brushed with spray butter and Mrs. Dash caribean blend

boiled and onto of spinach salad

these are my favorties!
  • ethel64
    Options
    fantastic thanx so much for the suggestions and ill be checking out the links oliviawinks posted.. :)
  • danielleelaineg90
    danielleelaineg90 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    brush shrimp with some garlic, chilli and olive oil then put them onto a grill to cook. When cooked sprinkle them over a salad of your choice :smile:
  • pomphohi
    Options
    I use mojo de ajo: http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=186

I add some hot peppers - flakes or fresh - and some sauteed veggies
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I love shrimp and I make it at least once a week with the cheapy Aldi's stuff. You can make an easy "stir fry" with it. I know its not a real, genuine stir fry but we call it that. Take your choice of peppers, red, green, yellow, cut into strips. Add onion, bean sprouts, thinly sliced mushrooms, zucchini, celery---any veg you like in any combination. Cook in a non stick skillet until tender crisp and then add the shrimp in the last couple minutes if they are raw. If they are cooked and defrosted, just add the last minute to warm.

If you grill outside: Brush with a tsp of olive oil or I use olive oil spray, then marinate in garlic, salt, pepper and any other spices of your choice. For a mexican vibe--cumin, chili powder and garlic. For italianish, basil, lemon and garlic. Think of what flavors make up your favorite dishes or which herbs season your favortie dishes. You can also use any of these in a non stick pan sprayed with a little olive oil spray.

If you like a bit of "sauce" try adding a half cup of low sodium, low salt chicken broth at the end of cooking, Its not like a traditional asian sauce but it ads a bit of moisture. Good luck!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I like marinating them in salsa (you can do different flavors, mango salsa, regular tomato type salsa) then grilling them. Gives them a nice lil zing!

You could also easily do them up in a stir fry loaded with veggies.
  • ethel64
    Options
    wow thanx so much... :)