So Sleepy

Options
Why have I been sleeping so much lately? I cant seem to get enough. Sleeping around 10 to 11 hours a night and still feel somewhat sluggish for a while in the morning. Does anyone else have that issue?

Replies

• tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do but cannot say what is causing wish I knew
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on? What changes did you notice around that time?

I looked back through your diary, and you have some days where you didn't log accurately, so there's not much to go on. But I saw at least 3 days where between exercise and eating you netted far below 1200 calories. A couple of days it was down as low as 700. Now, it works for some people, but that might be what's causing your fatigue. Make sure your net cals don't drop below 1200 and see if that helps.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If I get too much sleep I feel like I'm not getting enough. Even tho you're "tired" try cutting back to a more reasonable amount and check your nutrition, water, and vitamin levels.
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    i find i'm more sleepy now i've increased my exercise but i also have a 14 week-old son which might also be a factor
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I looked back through your diary, and you have some days where you didn't log accurately, so there's not much to go on. But I saw at least 3 days where between exercise and eating you netted far below 1200 calories. A couple of days it was down as low as 700. Now, it works for some people, but that might be what's causing your fatigue. Make sure your net cals don't drop below 1200 and see if that helps.

I agree. When I wasn't eating enough I was constantly tired and grumpy too. I thought it was from being overworked by my kids, but as soon as I started eating I had a lot more energy!
  • reginarb
    Options
    Your body could be low on iron? Or you may need to take Vitamin B. I would talk to your doctor before taking anything, but both of those help with energy.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Part of that inaccuracy in my diet was from when I was on vacation. I'm wondering if my body isnt still rebounding from that as well. Thanks for the advice on the net calories. For the first month I dropped 14 lbs with that much, but I think you're right, that I need to bump up a little. I do work out pretty vigorously so some more calories would probably help!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your body could be low on iron? Or you may need to take Vitamin B. I would talk to your doctor before taking anything, but both of those help with energy.

I take a B complex and Iron as well. According to my daily nutritional intake, I am getting plenty of iron as well. If this does continue for more than another week, I think you're right, I should talk to my doc!
  • Erica9903
    Options
    You could be so sleepy because your net calories are too low some days, you're sleeping too much (sounds crazy I know...but on days that I sleep longer or just lay around I'm very sleepy and tend to get headaches) or maybe your iron is too low. Maybe you need to be taking vitamins. It could be several things...if it continues you may want to check in with your doctor. I hope it gets better soon!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Not getting enough Vitamin D or B could be causing you to be tired. Do you think you might have sleep Apnea? That could cause you to be tired as well. I'm pretty sure I have chronic fatigue symdrome as I am always tired no matter what I do, it can be so very frustrating! whenever I ask the doctor what it could be, they never seem to have an answer. I have tried vitamins, less carbs, exercising etc., but nothing seems to work. It's so hard being tired all the time and not having the energy you need to function properly! Your not alone.