how often do you take measurements?

Options
do you do it the same day every month? (example: the 27th of every month)
Every time you are down X amount of pounds?

I'm just curious! :-)

Replies

• ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do mine once a month b/c often even if the scale is not moving, my measurements are changing.
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do it whenever I *feel* smaller but haven't lost anything weightwise just to check and see if I'm right or imagining it. Usually about once or twice a month.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    im only down 11 lbs and its only been 3.5 weeks since i did my measurements last but i think i might do them tonight. im anxious to see if those 11 pounds has done anything yet. (though its no biggie if it hasnt. i know i havent lost much and i may not see any difference for a while)
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly when I weigh my self, I know my body changes during the month with hormones but I still like to keep track of that.

I wake up on monday morning, work out and then weigh and measure myself and then tuck into breakie!
  • BrandeeJ
    Options
    I also measure every week at when I do my weekly weigh in but this site recomends every 2 weeks to once a month. but I like to take my measurements because I'm at the begining and I haven't lost very many pounds yet. It's also too early to see a difference in my body but my measurements are getting steadily smaller and it's nice to see that progress, it's keeping me motivated when the scale isn't.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I JUST started measuring my waist. I've been at this since August. I decided this past Wednesday, when I didn't lose lbs that I would check my waist measurement. I knew what I had measured before August (in a weird moment of depression I checked my waist measurement and was disgusted) so I knew at that point how well I had done so far!
    I decided that any time I don't see the scale go down I will check my waist to feel better (hopefully). :)
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have only done my measurements once. did them last week. I guess i will wait 3 more weeks to do them again. How often should i weigh? Right now i am weighing myself every day. Sometimes i think this is a little discouraging!:sad:
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do mine every other week.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i"m taking mine once a week i weight every day
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    I have only done my measurements once. did them last week. I guess i will wait 3 more weeks to do them again. How often should i weigh? Right now i am weighing myself every day. Sometimes i think this is a little discouraging!:sad:
    i was told to weigh in once a week for this reason exactly! do it first thing in the AM before eating/drinking, but after using the bathroom