HRM-walmart

Options
I want to buy one, but don't have much money. has anyone bought one from walmart?

Replies

• JenabeeRose
    JenabeeRose Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    im curious to know this too, because ive really been thinking about investing in one!
  • mlaugh
    mlaugh Posts: 30
    Options
    spend the money for the polar .. if your serious about weight loss it will be worth it
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I bought the 40(?) dollar one from Walmart and I do not recommend it. It's a waste of money. I used mine 2x and now it won't do calories burned or steps taken. The only part that still works is the clock. I wish I would have asked before I bought it. I would say no way.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have the $30 one from walmart. I think it overestimates the calorie burn, but the heart rate monitor is actually very accurate.
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    Oh and after I started having issues with it I checked the Walmart website and all the reviews are negative.
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    I purchased one from Walmart and I am only using it until I can afford something better. I just don't know how accurate it is. At Busch Gardens for 4 hours of walking it only said I burned a little over 300 calories. Then the next day for about an hour and a half of walking it said I burned almost 250 calories.

I can't afford anything more expensive thought right now so it's all I have and I guess it's better than nothing.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You can buy a great one for a lot cheaper on ebay...just make sure it has a chest strap....and you can mark only new ones....good luck on a great buy....
    P.S. I 've bought 2 on ebay...one bowflex and one schwin...both excellent and a lot cheaper than polar and almost exactly the same features
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    A friend of mine bought hers at Walmart and LOVES it. I bought one too, but the problem for me is that I have small wrists and it didn't fit right and never gave me good readings. I ended up buying one off Amazon.com that is designed for women and it fits great and works great.

I bought the Womens Sportline SOLO 925 Heart Rate Watch Monitor.
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    I have the sportline one from wal mart was $27. I would guess it tracks calorie burn just as good as my nike+ sensor for my shoes when I run/walk.
    I have only had the watch about 5 days so far and I like it.
    I'd like something really accurate but hey at least this is getting me to burn extra calories for now!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Walmart. It slides up and down my wrist, even on the tightest fit. It said that I had only burned 40 calories the first time I did the 30 day shred and my heart was still pounding an hour after I got done.One day while I was wiping my kitchen counters, it beeped to tell me that I was in my High Zone. The next day, I was jogging at 6 mph and it beeped to tell me that I was in my Low Zone. Save your money and buy a good one, that's what I wish that I had done.
  • k8smama
    Options
    I have one of the ones in the $30 range from Wal-Mart. There are some pro's and con's--First the cons-- it's a little oddly sized (or maybe it's just my wrists) so to wear it all day, I have it fairly loose but have to tighten it when I exercise or it won't register my heart rate. Having it that tight isn't always comfortable. The band is a plastic band so if it gets wet underneath the band I have to take it off and dry off the inside of the band and my wrist. It's also is a litlle bulkier than I would have liked-hubby asked if it controled satellites as well as kept time. When you're using it to track your calories burned, to get the most accurate reading you have to press and hold a button for several seconds and the more you check your heart rate the more accurate your calorie count should be, which can be awkward depending on what exercise you're doing.
    Pros--The heart rate does seem accurate, I've tested it against the built in one on my stationary bike and come up with the same reading. It is very waterproof--I wear it while I shower, do dishes, bathe the kids, The calorie count seems comprable to what MFP estimates most of the time--the actual count falls between vigorous and very vigorous which considering I try to keep my heart rate around 85% seems fair.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i have the sportline HRM from walmart ( the 35 dollar one i believe) The cheaper outta the 2 they had there and it seems to work pretty well. I like using it and the calorie count seems to be accurate but then again you never truley know. The only con about it really is that you hafta press the button to keep your HR as updated as possible so you get the most accurate calorie burn estimate, which can be a pain depending on what workout your doing. I do a lot of jogging, so it can be hard to try to press that button while im jogging on the treadmill :/ I like it but im def considering investing in a better one when i come up with some more money to where i dont hafta press that dang button!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I was thinking about buying one from WalMart and I'm now glad i found this post and read all of these reviews! I will definitely try to buy something better! :) Thanks everyone!
  • ambermichelle28
    Options
    I bought the $30 one from walmart too and I like it. There are a lot of features on there, but the calorie counter, I think, isn't as accurate as it should be. All the reviews on their website were positive though. Good luck.
  • caligirl86
    Options
    Target has excellent selection..Many styles 2 choose..