Lemon juice and Burning fat?!?

Options
So I've been told that lemon juice burns fat...Is there any truth to this?

Thanks
Jenn

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I put it in my tea and water just b/c I like the taste. I'm curious to know too
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i dont know but i want to know too!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Lemon Juice Benefits
    By Daniel Smith, eHow Contributor

Lemon Juice Benefits
    Lemon juice is made by simply squeezing one or two teaspoons of lemon into water. Lemon juice offers many health benefits to the body because of the different nutrients and acidity. Lemons are inexpensive and you can even purchase lemon concentrate to add to water. With no caffeine, sodium or sugar, people should feel free to drink lemon juice daily.

Liver Benefits
    Your liver produces bile. The bile is used to aid in digestion. Lemons stimulate the liver to produce additional bile. As a result, drinking lemon juice in the mornings helps you with digestion throughout the day. Your food digests faster to help you speed up metabolism and reduce the chances of digestive problems. You can even squeeze a small amount of lemon into a glass of water with each meal to promote healthy digestion.
    Immune-System Booster
    Lemon juice is a natural immune-system booster. Your body needs a strong immune system to fight colds, illnesses and infection. Drinking just one glass of lemon juice daily can help build a strong immune system to keep you healthier.
    Diuretic
    One of the benefits of lemon juice is it is a natural diuretic. A diuretic causes your body to urinate more frequently than it normally would. People with water-retention problems or prone to urinary-tract infections can benefit from the natural diuretic effect of lemon juice. The acidity level in lemon juice kills bacteria in the urinary tract, while the body flushes out impurities by urinating more frequently.
    Gallbladder and Kidney Stones
    A daily glass of lemon juice can help to dissolve and reduce the size of gallbladder and kidney stones.
    Rich in Vitamin C
    Vitamin C builds up your body's immunity. This vitamin helps promote natural healing within your body and replacement of many different cells. Lemon juice is very rich in Vitamin C. As a result, drinking lemon juice can give you healthier skin, decrease your chances of infections and even help wounds heal faster.
    Rich in Calcium
    Your body needs calcium to build bone density and sustain a healthy nervous system. Lemon juice is high in calcium. Your teeth, bones and central nervous system all benefit from drinking one glass of lemon juice daily.

Calcium provides your body with energy as well. If you are low on energy, drinking an 8-ounce glass of lemon juice is a natural way to increase energy without sodium, sugar or caffeine. There is no subsequent crash after gaining energy with lemon juice that is experienced with commercial energy drinks or drinks high in caffeine.

Read more: Lemon Juice Benefits | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5399731_lemon-juice-benefits.html#ixzz1EScgDPeN

http://www.ehow.com/about_5399731_lemon-juice-benefits.html
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It helps to clean toxin out of your body. It does help with weight loss.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yep...I drink it every morning...A couple of tbsp in warm water.
    It's used in many diet plans...Fat Flush, 17 Day Diet...etc.
    It's been around for years.........
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    the only bad thing is the acid eats the enamel off of your teeth so rinse afterwards
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im drinking my glass of lemon juice...yes i am desperat!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    if lemon juice works im all game for it
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I put it in my tea and water just b/c I like the taste. I'm curious to know too

awesome u are DRINK free.
    I too have quit since Dec and I feel much better and just think we are not drinking up a ton of calories
  • butterflymedic
    Options
    With all benefits and no real downfalls (except the teeth) it's certainly worth a try. Adding that to the shopping list. :-)
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Off to go buy some lemons then!!!!! Thanks!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have lemon juice in the house but rarely use it. mostly just for certain recipies I make.....but after reading this I think i"m adding some to my drinking water all day from now on!
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    Noted ,Great info also will add in my H20 THanks :)
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

awesome u are DRINK free.
    I too have quit since Dec and I feel much better and just think we are not drinking up a ton of calories

Hey thanks :) Congrats to you too! I feel alot better as well...miss it sometimes, just because my social life is basically non existant now. BUT I'm a better role model for my daughter and I don't miss the hangovers one bit..or the day after guilty feeling :) I
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I always use lemon with salad. It's alternative to a dressing and yummy.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I added it to my water that I drank at the gym this morning! Yay!!
  • alexandersr
    Options
    Im new to this and want to say thank you for the info on the lemon juice! I will definetely give it a try! Has anyone heard about Cincinamon being a weight loss additive?
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Im new to this and want to say thank you for the info on the lemon juice! I will definetely give it a try! Has anyone heard about Cincinamon being a weight loss additive?

I've heard that Cinnaman does aid in weight loss. I've also heard that either Chili powder or Cayenne pepper helps as well.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really does anything. Check this out. It may do a little something, but not enough for me to warrant adding it to everything, or going out and buying some.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/myths-about-lemon-juice-and-weight-loss.html
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hardly drink plain water anymore. I throw 2 lemon slices in my water bottle, it not only adds flavor but i really believe it is helping with the weight loss.