I think I hit a plateau?

Options
I also just may have been lazy.. but I haven't lost a single pound to my knowledge in two weeks :( I have four months to lose 15 pounds still, what should i do? My daily routines are either running training (3x per week) and then the rest of the days are elliptical and biking or just one of those two options for cardio. I throw in one of Jillian Michaels DVDs like no more trouble zones to take care of toning and use 3 pound weights. I've also been lazy because i've been sick and I just got my wisdom teeth pulled, but i'm a little upset that my weight hasn't changed to two weeks. :( any reccomendations?

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating right and working out. I was stuck for almost 2 months before I broke my plateau, you'll eventually get past it. Take your measurements too, during the time I plateaued I lost 2 inches from my waist.
  • xxxbeckibooxxx
    Options
    i was upset this week aswell as i hadnt lost any weight when my goal is to loose 2lb a week. i exercise and stuff aswell but it didnt do anything. i think once youve lost the weight quickly to start with like i lost 5lb in 2 weeks your body tends to slow down for some reason. its annoying but you will get there in the end :) good luck
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, don't give up, don't overdo the exercise and drop too many calories!
    Just hang in there, keep doing a sensible amount of excercise, eat your calories and don't be too bothered by the scale.
    Losing weight is a long term project not something you only do for a specific length of time, so if you don't lose any for a few weeks it probably just means that your body is figuring out the new you!
  • StaySeaLuds
    Options
    Hi. Stalls happen. They are frustrating but in my experience there is little you can do to change things b/c its your bodies way of getting back in balance if you have been losing weight quicker than it wanted to. I'm a weight loss surgery patient so I loose quickly and deal with stalls frequently as my body chemistry readjusts itself. The best I suggest is to just try and shake up your workout routine a bit. I have read that after 2-3 months of doing the same routine it becomes almost like muscle memory so your body isn't getting the full workout from it did before. So I have read many suggestions on other forums to change it up a little bit and try to alter your calories a little bit too to try and get things jump started again.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Water! Water! Water! I know it's silly, but if you get your recommended 8 glasses, fantastic! But, try to increase your intake by 1.5- or make it 12 glasses. I know that sounds like a lot... But, I've been on the way down since I've been doing that! I hope this advice helps!
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. You'll be glad in another week or so when it falls off!