New kid on the block...

Options
Hello All! Actually taking the time this afternoon to familarize myself with the site and download the app on my phone.
Love the concept of the open forum, and the possibility of connecting with others "going through the same thing".
Live in Las Vegas, NV, have a highly demanding career and family.
My weight has taken a huge hike over the last year - to the point that it is starting to affect my health, my job and my attitude.....guess this is what is called "hitting rock bottom"
Have signed up for a 5k in June and have a lot of work to do (100+ pounds to lose)
Looking forward to meeting and supporting others.
Here's to a great week ahead!

Replies

• Hotbysummer
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! Sounds so exciting! You are far more brave than I am! Feel free to add me! I am new here too, but so far the encouragement from others is AWESOME!
  • pwodek
    pwodek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome you will find this very helpful. There is a lot of support especially when you feel like skipping a workout or just need some advice. Good luck to you.
  • cbreen90
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on here for 10 days and I am in love! It is sooo helpful!!!!!! Good luck and best wishes! This is a great place for support :)
  • LDRAE
    LDRAE Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome. You are in the right place. I joined this site a couple of weeks ago and love it. The people are nice and very supportive. I can relate to you - I have been struggling with my weight and I hit rock bottom too. Now, all I want to do is lose the weight, be healthy and happy. I just started running again and I love it. Know that you can do this and you are going to be so proud of yourself after you reach each goal. Feel free to add me as a friend. GOOD LUCK with your journey.
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Welcome aboard. and wow a 5K in June that's awesome. Friend me is you want to. Support on here is awesome. Good l uck
  • lasvegasdiva
    Options
    WOW! What great encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • vickilg
    Options
    Welcome to you! This is a great place for motivation and encouragement and most of all, for accountability. I always thought I wasn't eating much but once I started actually seeing it with the calorie counts, it was an eye opener. Now I'm finally on the right track!!

By the way, I'm heading to Las Vegas in about a month for a much needed warm weather getaway!
  • Beesmom23
    Options
    Welcome!! You will LOVE this site! :smile:
  • lasvegasdiva
    Options
    Thanks vicki! Warm weather awaits you here in "Sin City"! I know that you will have a wonderful time
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! This is the best place to start!
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am brand new too!! 5 days in and have 70 pounds to lose!
    Would love if you would add me as we can journey together!!
    Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • invisible2jk
    invisible2jk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey im new too.. but i have to ask seeing your choice of name for your topic "New kid on the block"...umm are you a fan on the new kids?
  • lasvegasdiva
    Options
    Havent been a fan since the 4th grade.... just seemed the most fitting for my topic heading...haha!
  • invisible2jk
    invisible2jk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol you do know they are back together?