Want to know a delicious idea for a protein shake?

Options
13»

Replies

• ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump!! Great ideas, thanks
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you notced the Choc PB powder has a slight aftertaste? Not bad, it kind of reminds me of those wafer cookies they sell in the grocery store.

Also, if you can afford the calories, shake the strawberry into some G2 Gatorade or even some pineapple juice.

I love BF products and stock up on the whey powders and protein shots (fruit punch! why can'y they make that into a powder mix?). I've even got their deluxe shaker with the seperated crew-on pre-measured powder cup and vitamin compartments!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Have you notced the Choc PB powder has a slight aftertaste? Not bad, it kind of reminds me of those wafer cookies they sell in the grocery store.

Also, if you can afford the calories, shake the strawberry into some G2 Gatorade or even some pineapple juice.

I love BF products and stock up on the whey powders and protein shots (fruit punch! why can'y they make that into a powder mix?). I've even got their deluxe shaker with the seperated crew-on pre-measured powder cup and vitamin compartments!

I totally wanted to order that shaker from Walmart.com. It's not in the stores here. It looks awesome. I might do that now that someone has said it's good!
    Also, the tubs are about $15 in-store and look at this online deal with free shipping....
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortress-Whey-Protein-Powder-Value-Bundle/14574788
    $35 for 3 works for me! I have all 5 flavors right now but once I am out of 2 or 3 of them I am going to order from here!

I never tried the fruit punch shots and they do have them in my store. I was afraid they'd taste bad, but I will try them now! Thanks!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    bump!!!
  • arsenal45
    Options
    I usually keep 2 jars at a time, just for variety. Right now it's choc PB and strawberry. I won't say they shots taste good, kind of like a milky gatorade, but you can throw them down fast and it's a quick 26g.

I like the new shaker not only for all the bells and whistles, but it;s shorter and wider than the old kind so your shake seems to mix better and faster. That's kind of my 'on the go" shaker.

Also, if you have the calorie allowance and need the protein, check out the Met-Rx Big Colossal Chocolate Fudge Brownie. It's also available at Wal-Mart. I like to microwave it for 8 seconds, dice it and put it over f/f vanilla or chocolate frozen yogurt.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just made this and it was sooooo good!

1 scoop of vanilla flavored powdered protein

half a banana

2 T of peanut butter

sprinkle of cinnamon

1 c of vanilla soy milk (or your personal milk choice)

Handful of ice

Enjoy! :drinker:

Sounds good... Too bad I can't have banana or peanut butter. LOL
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Can you buy protein powder at a regular grocery store or do you have to go to a speciality store?
  • arsenal45
    Options
    I've seen it at every grocery store and discount store, but some may only carry soy protein and not whey.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've seen it at every grocery store and discount store, but some may only carry soy protein and not whey.

Is whey better than soy? Sorry new to this idea, I've never tried protein powder
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Bump thanks for the ideas
    I almost always add a 1/2 cup Greek yogurt to mine adds even more protein and is more filling.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a handfull of spinnach
    1/2 cup milk
    Scoop of protein powder
    1/4 tsp mint extract
    half of a frozen banana
    And a few ice cubes
    If I have enoughcalories to spare a few semisweet chocolate chips.

Tastes like mint chocolate chip icecream.
  • missjacki
    Options
    bump. looks good!