c25k/weightloss

Options
I just started this program to help me train for a 5k in May and I was wondering if anyone had any success in losing weight during this training? What other work outs did you do along with the program? Weights? Did you just complete the day and then be done or did you do walking afterwords?

Replies

• Guyoal
    Guyoal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    c25k is only three thirty minute workouts a week. I like to burn 500 calories a workout therefore I add some elliptical after... usually 15 minutes. I'd like to do some weight training but I don't know where to start!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Okay good-I have been walking for about another 15 minutes after to burn some extra cals and I didn't know if it was considered over working the muscles or not.
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I do c25k 3 days/week and I do about 15-20 minutes of weights after. I add other cardio exercises and weights three other days/week and one rest day.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 lbs. since January 12 doing C25K every other day. On the "off days" I either walk, do yoga, or do 30-Day Shred. I rest once a week. I haven't cheated on my diet, either, and in all honesty I think that's the reason for the weight loss. I'm doing Week 7 Day 3 tomorrow. Best of luck to you!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started c25k at the end of November and finished at the end of January. I started at about 160 (I think) and I weighed somewhere around 150 at the end of January, so I probably lost about ten pounds during the time I did it. I also did strength training on my off days, and started P90X in the middle of January and did that on my off days, and sometimes on my running days, but I always had one rest day a week.
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey i just started this week and i am so happy to finally start my journey to being a runner! I finished week 1 day 2