Somethings not right...

Options
I originally posted this in my blog earlier today but figure it will get more responses here...

I took my measurements 1/27. I decided to do them again today just to se if the measuring tape showed any differences. I've only lost 11.2 pounds so I wasn't expecting to see much of a change. But out of curiosity I did it

1/27 measurements-

neck- 17inches
waist (belly button level)- 49inches
arms- 17inches
thighs-32.5inches
bust-45inches
hips- 53.5inches

Todays measurements 2/20

neck-14 inches
waist (BB level)- 48.5
arms- 16.5inches
thighs-32.5inches
bust- 45.5inches
hips-53inches

3 INCHES OFF MY NECK
1/2 INCH OFF MY WAIST
1/2 INCH OFF MY ARMS
0 FROM MY THIGHS (sad- i thought those were what i was seeing a difference in)
1/2 INCH FROM MY BUST
1/2 INCH FROM MY HIPS
I wasn't expecting to see such big changes! I measured in all the same places as last time...that can't be right...can it?! down only 11 pounds but the tape measure is already claiming the inches are melting off? I think the neck surprises me the most! 3 INCHES!

somethings not right! LOL

***I should have posted this in the success forum- oh well!***

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    11 pounds is a lot, so yeah, I'd expect to see those differences in your measurements. WTG! :)
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think you did it right. You tend to lose weight in the face and neck first :-)
    How exciting! Keep doing what you're doing!
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Also...I like to think of the weight as sticks of butter....11 pounds is 44 sticks of butter ....that would be a lot of inches!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I'm sure you're measuring correctly- I've lost 25 pounds, and a bit over 3 inches in my waist, so your measurements seem correct. Keep it up!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    11 pounds is great! I believe the tape measure! Way to go!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    sounds right. tape measures on lie either. congrats!! :smile:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is definately right!! When I went a couple of weeks without losing any weight, I checked my measurements, and in just 2 weeks I had lost 4 inches total. So it is definately possible. Congrats on your inch loss!!!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    dont*
  • mamichulany
    Options
    Has to be right! LOL Maybe I need to start measuring again. I think that this is a great idea... not only tracking the weight you lose but taking measurements. Keep it up! Now, I'm excited... thinking where's my measuring tape? ;)
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    woohoo! 3 inches off the neck? holy moley!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear! My favorite necklace that my Grandma gave me doesn't fit anymore, so there is hope!!!! I think I'll hang it next to the scale for inspiration!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    That's good to hear! My favorite necklace that my Grandma gave me doesn't fit anymore, so there is hope!!!! I think I'll hang it next to the scale for inspiration!
    that is a wonderful idea! :-)
  • krisnshan
    Options
    I so love that you are going to donate your hair to locks of love!!!!! My 8 year old daughter donates and she started by her own choice at five years old! Which ended up being very ironic since my 20 month old son was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma at 3 mos old. I just wanted to tell you thank you for such a wonderful act of kindness!!!
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great Job Belle... I too decided half way thru my 1st 30 days of Power 90 to measure and on mfp I have only lost 11 lbs (14 overall) and I too saw differences... pretty much .5 inches off everything and waist was an inch, and it was my wife doing the measurements so I too felt pretty good about it.. That is awesome to hear though and you should definately lean to the FAAAAR Positive side and not question it. thats Awesome!!!