Favorite NEW food of the WEEK!

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    For salad dressings, I have been using the Maple Grove Farms brand. The fat-free balsamic is AMAZING as well as the fat-free vidalia onion dressing! SOOO good!

There is a ff lime basil and ff poppyseed dressing I am looking to try. There is a wasabi dijon too that sounds interesting!

The fat-free balsamic is 5 calories for 2 tbsp! And the vidalia onion is 20 cals for 2 tbsp! I mean, how can you go wrong?? hehe

One of my fav salads lately is a big bowl of romaine, with 2 tbsp craisins, 1 oz of fat-free feta cheese and half a cut up green apple with the balsamic dressing. MMMMM!!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    TO BE HONEST, MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE IS THE SWEET POTATO PIE. IT HAS MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH PECAN AND BROWN SUGAR TOPPING. :love: OH MY, INSTEAD OF IT BEING A VEGETABLE, IT IS A DESERT! YES, FULL OF CALORIES. :ohwell:

JOY :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Oh another item that isn't new to me, but I re-discovered this week is the Cholula Hot Sauce! Man, I love that stuff!!! I love spicy things and this gives a great kick to anything!!
  • punka274
    Options
    For salad dressings, I have been using the Maple Grove Farms brand. The fat-free balsamic is AMAZING as well as the fat-free vidalia onion dressing! SOOO good!

There is a ff lime basil and ff poppyseed dressing I am looking to try. There is a wasabi dijon too that sounds interesting!

The fat-free balsamic is 5 calories for 2 tbsp! And the vidalia onion is 20 cals for 2 tbsp! I mean, how can you go wrong?? hehe

One of my fav salads lately is a big bowl of romaine, with 2 tbsp craisins, 1 oz of fat-free feta cheese and half a cut up green apple with the balsamic dressing. MMMMM!!

Wow,i like those low calories.....I will have to check these out! Maple Grove Farms brand you say? thanks for sharing!
  • TamTastic
    Options

Wow,i like those low calories.....I will have to check these out! Maple Grove Farms brand you say? thanks for sharing!
    Yes, here is a link for them. They MIGHT be a regional thing because it's a Vermont based business...but you may be able to order them online if you can't find them in the grocery store.

http://maplegrove.stores.yahoo.net/dresmar1.html
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    fav new food is homemade chicken quesidillas.
    2 mission whole grain tortillas
    2-3 oz chopped chicken
    1/4 cup 2% ched cheese
    cooked onions and peppers
    hot sauce to taste

I cook mine up in a frying pan with a spray of olive oil, then flip it like a grilled cheese.

add to that my homemade pico de gallo and it is action packed with nutrients and oh sooooooooo YUMMY!

Think I will go make one!

Yumm!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh another item that isn't new to me, but I re-discovered this week is the Cholula Hot Sauce! Man, I love that stuff!!! I love spicy things and this gives a great kick to anything!!

I found jalapeno mustard the other day at this hole in the wall grocery store. I HAVE to try it sometime....probably today since I am havin a burger tonight.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    New favorite for me (and surprisingly my family) is a recipe for Strawberry Vinegarette. Love it on spinach salad, love it on chicken and just about anything you want to dip. Probably could use blackberries or rasberries too. My oldest son came for dinner last night and told me he was going to steal the bottle. From memory - here you go:

1 cup berries
    1/2 to 1 cup red wine vinegar (depending on your taste buds)
    4 pkts Splenda (optional - I didn't use it)
    1 T basalmic vinegar

Mix in your "Magic Bullet" and enjoy. Absolutely amazing!!! :love:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I found jalapeno mustard the other day at this hole in the wall grocery store. I HAVE to try it sometime....probably today since I am havin a burger tonight.

That sounds yummy! Let me know how you like it. I'll look for it the next time I go shopping. Never heard of jalepno mustard before. Now I'm thinkin' why didn't someone come up with that sooner? 2010.gif
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    chimichurri
    I have been putting it on everything lately.
  • punka274
    Options

Yes, here is a link for them. They MIGHT be a regional thing because it's a Vermont based business...but you may be able to order them online if you can't find them in the grocery store.

http://maplegrove.stores.yahoo.net/dresmar1.html

thanks for the link....i will go check it out now!
  • clairegl
    Options
    Paul Newmans Light Honey Mustard dressing, I love it on anything and everything. It is 70 calories for 2tbsp, but I have found that 1 tbsp does the trick most of the time.
    It is super yummy!

Thats one of my favorite dressings!!!!! I love the stuff! Have you tried any other Paul Newmans dressings? I wonder how the balsmic vingar one is?

I must try this upside down pineapple yogurt everybody is buzzing about!

My new food for this week is light laughing cow cheese! OMG,its delish! I put it on wheat crackers(although i have yet to find a REAL wheat cracker with no crap added to it) And at only 35 calories a wedge it so easy to love!

I am currently using the light balsamic vinaigrette and it's YUMMY with only 45 calories for 2 TBSPs. Can't beat that.

I also have a weakness for cakes and such and love weight watchers chocolate cake with chocolate icing or the lemon cake with lemon icing- only 90 calories each so I gotta have 2!
    Yea for me.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

That sounds yummy! Let me know how you like it. I'll look for it the next time I go shopping. Never heard of jalepno mustard before. Now I'm thinkin' why didn't someone come up with that sooner? 2010.gif

Delicious! It was AWESOME!
    It's from a company called Beaver from Beaverton, Oregon (ohhh the irony).
    Definitely has some bite to it!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Essensia Potato Rosemary Artisan bread.... OH MY WORD!!!
    Sooooo delicious....especially now since it's soup season!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I just entered this into the database a couple of days ago. I'm assuming that not too many people have seen it yet, so I thought I'd share it here. It's absolutely delicious and just the right amount to go with an apple or two. :smile:

carameldip.png
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Kashi frozen meals - the Ranchero Beans is soo good! I don't really do frozen meals - I prefer fresh - but these are great when you're on your way to work and realize you've left your lunch on the kitchen counter at home.
  • Fightslikeagirl
    Fightslikeagirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lot's of great foods to try! I was getting tired of salads. We made shishkabobs one one night with onions and apples on the skewer. What a great flavor together I started to make my salads with that combo and romaine with a small amount of lite blue cheese dressing. What a great change. I still get in the veggies and fruits I need each day and it sure took away the salad doledrums!
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals Wheat Crisps with lite BabyBel cheese :love:
  • melissa20
    melissa20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree that applesause is awesome.
    Have you tried the blueberry yet.
    They come in individual containers which makes it easy to take to work.
  • amethystx
    Options
    Tropical Pepper Co. - Mango Coconut Pepper Sauce. This condiment makes even the blandest grilled chicken breast delish.