After a week of avg 1600/day, no loss. Should I reduce more

Options
2»

Replies

• PhoenixFire975
    Options
    it could also be the TYPE of food you eat. So even though MFP has you losing the weight, they don't account for the "healthiness" of the food consumed. Try to eat smart choices and MFP puts you in the extreme minimum as I'm finding out, which def won't help you lose weight.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I know you are getting a ton of advice :) I can just say I've struggled with this and found that I do better losing weight when I leave some wiggle room on calories ( meaning i don't eat every last one. ) there's always a chance that the info you have isn't correct (especially if it's restaurant food.) I would try reducing the calories more and drinking more water. And of course like many said look at the type of food you are eating. As you eat Better quality foods that are healthier for you and cut calories more you will probably see the loss. Play around with it, don't stress. You'll find what works for your body. That's what I had to do ( there's no one size fits all solution since it seems everyones body responds differently ( I know people on here who only lose if they r eating 1800 cals a day. If I do that I gain BIG time.) good luck!! Stay positive!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm having similar problems but I looked at your food diary and WHOA! HOLD THE PHONE! You are seriously WAAAY over your sodium! Over 6000mg! You are going to really be holding onto water weight with that! Not good for you at all in any way, shape or form! I don't know what to tell you about your calorie dilema, but I do know you shouldn't be over 2500mg of sodium and that is generous. I believe I just heard on the TODAY show that the experts are now recommending no more than 1500 mg of sodium for ANYBODY. That will be a tough one for you, but that could be a key. Look at your fast food/prepackaged food. It is always so loaded! Good luck to you. It's a process not a race. Be healthy = D