Pilates at home?

Options
Anyone know of a good pilates work out to do at home? I'm really interested in pilates but cannot afford to take classes at a gym. Really hoping to get the great results I've heard about from pilates though! :happy:

Replies

• Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would also like to hear this :)
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Me too! There's only 2 classes a week at my gym and I want more!!!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I actually found a dvd in the clearnce racks at Target. Somtimes the good ones come cheap too. Really any pilates, I've heard is all done the same so any dvd you find is probably going to work.
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Windsor Pilates!!! My favs are the 20 minutes workout DVD, The AB Sculpting DVD, and the Bun and Thigh DVD!!!! All 3 are about 20 mins.
  • kcphilly
    Options
    I have Winsor Pilates Power Sculpting w/ Resistance for abs and legs. The resistance band that comes with it is amazing I love it.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd look at this site http://pilates.about.com/od/buyingequipmentetc/qt/Videos-Online.htm
    The first 2 look pretty good and youtube always has something lol :)
  • jenh1101
    Options
    I have Basics Pilates version 2.0. I got it at Best Buy a couple years ago and I love it!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I personally didnt understand Pilates from a DVD. I thought I was doing it, until I started taking Reformer Classes and individual sessions with a Pilates instructor. It is hard to percieve the nuances without someone telling and showing you how to position yourself correctly, do the exercise correctly, breathe properly, and activate specific muscles for a specific exercise. It is very different from general cardio. That is not to say it isn't rigorous and an effective work-out. I feel like I will always need to go to small groups to continue to improve and continue to do the exercises correctly. I know I could benefit from doing a DVD session by myself in addition to going to the studio also. I've been going to a studio off and on for 6 yrs. It is very expenxive, but I consider it my physical therapy and only go 1-2 times a week. Just my $0.02...