Goal Weight for 5'1 peeps

Options

Replies

• luckyprincessuk
    luckyprincessuk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"1 I've got down to 122 but decided to go for 112 as I'm of a very petite build.
    Why not set yourself a mid range weight and see how you feel once you get there.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Hi, im 5.1 / 5.2....
    I started at 160lbs 1st jan, im down to 154 and have lost alot of inches with that, already down a dress size, my goal was 135, will keep an eye on that tho, as i only want to drop one more dress size, everyone body shape is different, i really dont want to be skinny! and at 135 thats what i will be!
    Godd luck hun :smile:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1in and aiming for 117lbs...
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    5.0 - 5.1 and 115 now, aiming for 110 :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    5' 2" and aiming for a realistic 140! My coach/ nutritionist and I agreed that at my age (49) a "toned 10 stone" would be a reasonable goal. It's still on the high side according to the bmi scale, but I dont want to get too focussed on an arbitrary scale, I'll judge more by measurements, how clothes fit etc.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi-I am 5"1 and would like to be 124....doctor says that would be good...I have a medium frame.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 8 inches and my goal is 110. I am 10 lbs away! i can do it! i can do it!

You are 5ft 8in and want to weight 7 and a half stone???

Are you serious???? (eeeek!!!)
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet/.5 inches and would like to be 130-140 (wherever I feel best). I have a large frame size.
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    I am 5'3 and shooting for 125. I spent most of my life at about 115 but I don't think that is realistic any longer. I am currently 135 and will take another look when I get to my goal of 125. I am amazed how differently my clothes fit after having lost the first 10 lbs. Pick a goal weight and assess as you close in on your goal.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 8 inches and my goal is 110. I am 10 lbs away! i can do it! i can do it!

Girl you are underweight already! Goal weight for someone who is 5'8" with a small frame is 126-139 so you are very, very underweight. That is unhealthy!

Ideal for 5'2" is around 118 -120 so I guess that would be a good number for me but I'm not focusing on the scale number anymore. Heavy weight lifting is the best thing for getting lean (when you are already at a healthy weight. I'm looking to drop my body fat percentage - not the numbers on the scale.)

It is impossible for women to "bulk up" when lifting heavy weights. We need mass amounts of calories, protein and testosterone. Our bodies weren't designed for it. What lifting heavy weights will do is increase your fat burning ability throughout the day. More muscle means more fat burning.
  • ub50
    ub50 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and very slight-framed. I'm aiming for 110 which is what I used to be but would be happy with 115 or even more if it's muscle rather than mush.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and first goal is to get to 130, but I wouldn't mind getting down to 115
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and a medium frame so ideally i would love to hit 125 but would settle at 130. at 40 yo i think this is a good weight to still look hot ;)
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    your goal weight will depend on your own body type.

Me for instance, I am 5'5 and quite curvy. The suggested goal weight for me is 120 - 135 lbs and all I have to say to that is yeh right! 160 - 175 is a good place for me. Anything under that and I'd look malnourished!
  • Firewhirrrl
    Options
    I am 5'1".
    I have always weighed between 105 and 112 was "chubby".
    I am a medium build.

And this is also my goal, as I weight 137 now.
    I know I will not be "thin" or "fit" untill at least 115-112.!!

Most doctors charts say between 105-120 for our size.
    Body fat is another measurement.
    Between 22-18% is healthy and ideal.

Best luck. Don't settle, work for the real deal!!
  • sprinkledlove
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 120 for now, but I'll probably keep going until I feel right with what I weigh/how I look.
  • danielleelaineg90
    danielleelaineg90 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5"2 and aiming for 133lb... then maybe down to 126. In between either I think I'd be happy :smile:
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 130. I want to get down to that by my birthday at the end of May.
  • Sexymomma76
    Sexymomma76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I am aiming for 125 I have a small frame so I'm suppose to be between 108 and 121. Right now I'm at 155 only 30 pounds to go.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options